Air France 447

over a.net threre about 6000 postings on this tragedy. Like much on a.netsome very insightfull stuff and quite a bit of drivel. I do think about some airliners that have tangled with T-storms and lost back in the 60's, the NWA 720 near Miami and Braniff BAC 1-11 in Nebraska. MacArthur Job's "Air Disasters" Vol 1 has excellent chapters on thoses crashes, there is good info at aviation-safety.net as well.

While I would normally hate to critize another respected carrier at such a difficult time but there is one thing that is bothering me. This event started late Sunday night and it's now miday Wednesday. AF 447 still shows in my airlines CRS system availabulity and on airfrance.com it still avilable for sale throughout the summer. When US 1549 ditched on Jan 15th the next day and beyonds flights where renumbered to US 1543 about 3 hours after the accident. I know this as the changes where came across my ops printer. The change would have been in other airlines and travel agents CRS systems overnight that night. I know AF is going thru a crisis right now but this is not their first accident, at the very least the new flight number should be on their own website by now.

Regards

LGA777
I agree they should retire that number in respect. Thats just to spooky

The topic is the Air France 447 loss. Please do not post items that have nothing to do with it. Thank you.

Latest posts