Air Tran to Assist Bluffton University

chucky

Senior
Sep 13, 2006
AirTran Airways to Assist Bluffton University Baseball Team
Friday March 2, 11:13 am ET

ORLANDO, Fla., March 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced that the airline will operate a charter flight from Toledo Express Airport in Toledo, Ohio, to Atlanta, Ga., for the family members of the Bluffton University baseball team free of charge. The Bluffton University baseball team was involved in a tragic bus accident early this morning on I-75 in Atlanta, Ga. Several members of the team died and others are at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Ga., receiving treatment for their injuries.

"We are saddened by this tragedy, and we are willing to help the family members any way we can. The best way we could help was to offer a free charter to the family members to get to Atlanta to begin the healing process," stated Tad Hutcheson, vice president of marketing for the airline.

The charter flight is scheduled to depart Toledo today at 5:30 p.m. Family members wishing to fly on the charter flight are asked to call the airline at 800-AIRTRAN and ask for the Bluffton University coordinator who will then take care of all travel arrangements.

My thoughts and prayers to those who perished and to their families.
Thumbs up to Air Tran for their help.

AirTran Airways to Assist Bluffton University Baseball Team
Friday March 2, 11:13 am ET
ORLANDO, Fla., March 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced that the airline will operate a charter flight from Toledo Express Airport in Toledo, Ohio, to Atlanta, Ga., for the family members of the Bluffton University baseball team free of charge. The Bluffton University baseball team was involved in a tragic bus accident early this morning on I-75 in Atlanta, Ga. Several members of the team died and others are at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Ga., receiving treatment for their injuries.

"We are saddened by this tragedy, and we are willing to help the family members any way we can. The best way we could help was to offer a free charter to the family members to get to Atlanta to begin the healing process," stated Tad Hutcheson, vice president of marketing for the airline.

The charter flight is scheduled to depart Toledo today at 5:30 p.m. Family members wishing to fly on the charter flight are asked to call the airline at 800-AIRTRAN and ask for the Bluffton University coordinator who will then take care of all travel arrangements.

My thoughts and prayers to those who perished and to their families.
Thumbs up to Air Tran for their help.

What a wonderful gesture at this tragic time. I know the University, ball team, and family members will be forever grateful. Thank you from a retired f/a.