Airtran Expands Out Of Dfw And Atl

rumorboy

Aug 22, 2002
Press Release Source: AirTran Airways

AirTran Airways Expands Western Service from Atlanta and Dallas/Ft. Worth
Wednesday March 16, 3:54 pm ET
- Additional Daily Nonstop Flights to/from Las Vegas and Los Angeles Begin This Spring

ORLANDO, Fla., March 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced the airline will add new daily roundtrip flights between Los Angeles International Airport, as well as Las Vegas McCarran International Airport and Atlanta and Dallas/Ft. Worth this spring. The additional flights to/from Atlanta will begin on May 4, 2005 and the additional flights to/from Dallas/Ft. Worth will begin on June 7, 2005. The new flights will be served by the airlines popular Boeing 717 and Boeing 737 aircraft.
"AirTran Airways continues to see demand from our valued customers for convenient and affordable air travel to the West Coast," said Kevin Healy, AirTran Airways' vice president of planning and sales. "With new frequencies to popular destinations like Los Angeles and Las Vegas, we are pleased to continue to meet the needs of our frequent business and leisure fliers throughout the Dallas/Ft.Worth Metroplex and from our Atlanta hub."

AirTran Airways will offer the following daily nonstop flight options to/from Las Vegas and Los Angeles:

Nonstop Service from Atlanta To Departs Arrives Frequency Los Angeles 9:45 a.m. 11:45 a.m. Daily
Los Angeles 5:30 p.m. 7:20 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 9:15 p.m. 10:39 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 9:15 a.m. 10:40 a.m. Daily
Las Vegas 11:25 a.m. 12:50 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 9:05 p.m. 10:25 p.m. Daily
Schedule effective May 4, 2005 Nonstop Service to Atlanta From Departs Arrives Frequency Las Vegas 11:35 a.m. 6:35 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 1:40 p.m. 8:30 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 10:10 p.m. 5:00 a.m. Daily
Los Angeles 7:00 a.m. 2:15 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 10:15 a.m. 5:25 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 9:55 p.m. 5:00 a.m. Daily
Schedule effective May 4, 2005 Nonstop Service from Dallas/Ft. Worth To Departs Arrives Frequency Los Angeles 8:00 a.m. 9:15 a.m. Daily
Los Angeles 3:55 p.m. 5:12 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 7:10 p.m. 8:27 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 11:05 a.m. 12:00 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 2:00 p.m. 2:55 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 7:59 p.m. 8:54 p.m. Daily
Schedule effective June 7, 2005 Nonstop Service to Dallas/Ft. Worth From Departs Arrives Frequency Las Vegas 8:15 a.m. 12:55 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 12:35 p.m. 5:15 p.m. Daily
Las Vegas 3:55 p.m. 8:35 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 8:00 a.m. 1:03 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 12:45 p.m. 5:55 p.m. Daily
Los Angeles 5:55 p.m. 11:05 p.m. Daily
Schedule effective June 7, 2005

AirTran Airways, one of America's largest low-fare airlines with 6,000 friendly, professional Crew Members, operates over 500 daily flights to more than 40 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where it is the second largest carrier. AirTran Airways recently added the fuel-efficient Boeing 737-700 aircraft to create America's youngest all-Boeing fleet. The airline is also the first carrier to install XM Satellite Radio on a commercial aircraft. For reservations or more information, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran).

Media Contact: Tad Hutcheson
[email protected]
678.254.7442 Judy Graham-Weaver
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: AirTran Airways

Pretty soon Airtran is going to need their own gate(s) in LAS. I am pretty surprised that DL does their ground handling in LAS. I guess DL realizes that income is money in the bank. I am always glad to see more flights to LAS. Thanks!

coolflyingfool said:
Pretty soon Airtran is going to need their own gate(s) in LAS. I am pretty surprised that DL does their ground handling in LAS. I guess DL realizes that income is money in the bank. I am always glad to see more flights to LAS. Thanks!
[post="256580"][/post]​

I thought SwissPort did the ground handling in LAS.

I sit corrected. It is Swissport doing the AAI ground handling in LAS. They were just using a DL gate. Now that the new "D" concourse wing is open, AAI has been operating from there with AS, B6, CO, and DH. Just announced was a 4th LAS-ATL along with LAS-CAK and LAS-FLT. Thanks Airtran!!! Just my thoughts...........