AIR TRAVEL CONSUMER REPORT

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
LINK http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles...ontime0306.html

US Airways had fewer lost bags and customer complaints in January than a year earlier, but the airline still ranked in the bottom half among its peers in all key customer-service categories.

The Tempe airline's best showing in the government's monthly "Air Travel Consumer Report," out Monday, was 10th out of 20 airlines for on-time arrivals.

Its on-time rate was 71.8 percent, compared with an industry average of 73.1 percent.

In a monthly employee incentive program based on the results, US Airways excludes commuter airlines and smaller carriers.

On that basis, it ranked sixth of 10 major airlines in on-time arrivals.

only stating opinions

LINK http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles...ontime0306.html

US Airways had fewer lost bags and customer complaints in January than a year earlier, but the airline still ranked in the bottom half among its peers in all key customer-service categories.

The Tempe airline's best showing in the government's monthly "Air Travel Consumer Report," out Monday, was 10th out of 20 airlines for on-time arrivals.

Its on-time rate was 71.8 percent, compared with an industry average of 73.1 percent.

In a monthly employee incentive program based on the results, US Airways excludes commuter airlines and smaller carriers.

On that basis, it ranked sixth of 10 major airlines in on-time arrivals.
only stating opinions
February won't be much better, but everyone's will sag there also. March is starting out not so good. And snow in the NE tomorrow. I am getting sick of the cold weather, enough already!

The sad part about this article to me is, as I sit here furloughed after 23 years with the Company, yes I was furloughed after the merger. I was only furloughed because I had a Manager that decided they did not like me anymore. I feel I am the type that can understand many of our Customers complaints, yes there are some who just want to complain but I still always told them I was very sorry and made many bad situations turn into very happy situations.

It is just sad that I sit here and draw unemployment, received severance pay and US is cutting cost to our Passengers, but furloughed me. Forgot to say after working in the Station I was furloughed from after 9 1/2 years.

I have written to the Company and the Union, but unfortunately the Union can not do a thing since the Company can do whatever they want. Now US is paying for the so called Manager to come over and do the work that I was doing and pay for their overnights in expensive Hotels, meals and taxi rides to replace me. Also since we do not fly to the Station Mangers home where they live, they pay for their flights back and forth.

The Station Manager is based in a Station that only has one flight a week and as of May through Dec, no flights. But what I am reading we can't even serve Hot towels to our CUSTOMERS anymore due to cost.

I just don't understand why the company would waste money like this and forget that our Customer is where the money comes from, bottom line