Airline Offers To Trim Bonuses

Dear Bob,

This is the very point...they can't justify anything. Its the "good-old-boys club".

They ignore us when we pose the questions. They accuse us of trashing them in the press, an threaten not to work with us again. Yet they move forward as if labor doesn't exist. Labor made this deal possible because we took our wages, benefits, workrules to the bottom, and jobs 22,000are on the street. $2 billion total, and we are still going over the cliff. The only "restructuring plan" there is is a merger. That's it.

Senior level managment who threw this company into BK twice in 2 years, who never took any type of responsibility or accountability for the PHL meltdown.; only to run to the public and blame their rank and file employees, the same managment who lost $282 million $$ in the first quarter, and still loses over $1 million a day for the month of April, this same management who launches FLL campaign in Feb. and two weeks later starts to pull the cities down...no NOT one deserve a penny. They should be paying back their salaries. If you want to retain managment, promote from within lower and middle management to take these senior execs knuckleheads' place.

There is no one in labor who will see one cent of an increase from USAirways who goes with the merger. We are stuck with concessions for 7 years and NO pension.

The BK laws need reforming and so does the pension dumping mess. That is what I told Santorum. He was to meet with the two CEOs of the respective companies a few days back. Senator Santorum needs to do something non self-serving, unpopular, and step out of the big business arena for one second, and do something for Labor. Otherwise, he just maybe "toast" come time for his bid for reelection.

That's what I told him!

Hey Bob,

How'd you pass me up in postings???? :p Must have been when I wasn't watching.

but what will be the judge's opinion of the retention bonus....

hopefully the judge will rule against the idea of the bonus ....

enough is enough.....

Mergers can wreak havoc with operations. These retention bonuses are justified for all non-union employees. Airways’ needs to keep the key decision makers onboard to ensure a smooth transition, especially with a high demand labor market today in which individuals can easily move on to other companies.

Headhunters are circling CCY enticing talented employees. One can look at the recent executive level departures to fully understand the need to offer a rentention bonus to avoid having to spend between 50K-75K in hiring a replacement. The bottom line is that retention bonuses are a preemptive measure designed to keep employees from bolting during this critical time.

Bob, While I agree with you about the $14 million for the fat cats, :down:

I have to disagree with you concerning the retention/severence "program" for the 1873 "mid-level" company employees...

While labor was forced into HUGE pay cuts [Starting at 18%], These 1873 employees took [at the most] a 1% paycut.......

They have ALREADY received their retention/severance by being able to keep their pay checks virtually unchanged..

This is nothing more than another "kick in the teeth" to every Mechanic, Pilot, Flight Attendant, Fleet Service Worker, and everyone else that Sacrificed Hard earned pay [ Not to mention the hundreds that lost their jobs ] during the so-called Transformation....

Keep the $55 million dollars where it belongs, Put this money to work to ensure the success of this company !

PineyBob said:
Bet me!

I've had dealings with them too. Thankfully not to the extent that you have had to endure. Given the size of their egos you'd think they would have a little thicker skin. but you'd be wrong in that assumption.
[post="273827"][/post]​

Bob...don't know the in and outs of your obsession with this thing called U...but glad I am not you and don‘t understand the insanity it is. I "used" to be obsessed and focused on that waste land with the morons and vermin that run it. You come on here telling the world it was a smart move to give bonuses to vermin while constantly bad mouthing the IAM and most unions. I thank my lucky stars I don't wear your skin because it would make me crawl......

Love Curt

LOL....we aren't talking about middle management, we are talking about allowing senior execs to BOLT!.

There's no talent, you know it. You guys just want to ensure yourselves a "pay out" cause HP is not taking you guys.

You should have used this money to hedge fuel when it dipped to $48 last week. Now its $52.

Zeus, How much of a pay-cut did you take recently ??

Somehow this company will survive without all the talent?...

Don't let the door hit ya, Where the good Lord split ya..... :shock:

Zeus said:
Mergers can wreak havoc with operations. These retention bonuses are justified for all non-union employees. Airways’ needs to keep the key decision makers onboard to ensure a smooth transition, especially with a high demand labor market today in which individuals can easily move on to other companies.

Let them. CCY itself wreaks havor with operations.

Headhunters are circling CCY enticing talented employees.

What, all 3 of them? Get real.

One can look at the recent executive level departures to fully understand the need to offer a rentention bonus to avoid having to spend between 50K-75K in hiring a replacement. The bottom line is that retention bonuses are a preemptive measure designed to keep employees from bolting during this critical time.
[post="273829"][/post]​

Said it to Hawk and I'll repeat--there is very little talent worth saving. There might be some down in the weeds, but certainly very little, if any, in any supervisory position. The performance of the company and it's invidivual areas in the past 4 years bears this out.

Gonna give a bonus to the fool who let the $2 fares slip? Seth? The planning folks who said that Philly won't melt down? Marketing (how are those discontinued flights ex-FLL, anyway?).

Bottom line--I actually agree that the bonuses are needed to keep the nonunion equivilent of talented rank and file around. It's just that there is so very little talent to justify $40 million. Parker would do better to start interviewing thru the HP system now--their culture, acumen, and performance are light years ahead of what has come out of Arlington.

PineyBob said:
While in theory the bulk of your post is at least morally correct. The reality of the matter is that the monies for the 1,873 is virtually REQUIRED to keep the doors open long enough for the merger to be completed.

The workplace outside the union environment is much more dynamic and volitile. While I doubt that headhunters are circling CCY in search of executive talent I can assure you that they are indeed trolling for the lower and mid level "Nuts & Bolts" types that keep an operation running. Those folks ARE the lifeblood of the organization. Without them there is no enterprise.

Don't get a woody Zues that I supported a Management position, in 90 seconds I'll deal with you.
[post="273837"][/post]​
Bob, What you don't realize is that the company is now over staffed with these "Nuts & Bolts" Types..One Half of these people could leave and the company wouldn't miss a lick....

Pitbull, That was a great suggestion, using the $55 million to hedge fuel when it was down to $48.. Why didn't all the "talent" think of that ? :lol:

How is it talented to put a company in bankruptcy twice in less then two years and to have a X-mas meltdown?

And you want to reward people for that?

That is what is wrong with this country.

Someone in our office said the package also included lifetime medical benefits for some of the executives.

That really got people worked up. When medical was taken from every employee retirement group.....and especially since most of these folks have given twenty five to thirty five years of their lives to this company....it seems terribly unjust and immoral.

It makes you wonder just where is the integrity in business anymore???

Back