Airline Workers Are Left at Gate, Mourning a Perk

At AA (I don't know about UAL), non-rev priority within a given travel classification is first-come-first-served by check-in time. You can check-in from home by computer up to 4 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
UA is strictly seniority (within the given travel classification). You can check-in on line 24 hours in advance for your own convenience and automatically be put in seniority order in the CSRs' gate computer system so you don't have to stand in any lines at the airport, but the time you checked in on line (or anywhere else) is irrelevant for boarding purposes.

I forgot to add that pilots board by seniority at AA. I did not know that until very recently. They are the only group that goes by seniority AFAIK.

Hey I got a great idea. Just for non-revs set aside an acft to fly the eastern region and one to fly the west and of course don't forget the ones for the transcon and Europe. As an added perk free food and drinks. Don't forget all first class seating. If there are any open seats sell them to revenue passengers standing at the gate. Just tell the pilot where you want to go and your there. The End :up:

Try this, those commuting to/from work are boarded by seniority basis and a higher priority than those traveling for leisure. those traveling on leisure are boarded first come first serve. i think this is a win-win solution to a problem that appears to have no "good" answer.

:D

Back