Airlines Soar on U.S. Airways Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, AS reported better numbers but doesn't report the one number that investors really like to see - unit revenue YoY change. So US was the first to report that important figure.

Jim

Actually, AS reported better numbers but doesn't report the one number that investors really like to see - unit revenue YoY change. So US was the first to report that important figure.

Jim

In light of the world debt/currency issues I think the market is looking for any good news it can grasp on to.

I don't mean this to detract from solid financial performance at US Airways. Say what you will about the rest of US but these guys do know how to manage numbers.

.... but these guys do know how to manage numbers.
I wish our former ALPA representatives really knew that as well as the implications thereto.

I know it sounds somewhat trite, but just from what you said, it cannot be very far from the statement that the company has a relatively (compared to us peons) wide latitude on how they express those numbers. Every time I would hear some employee chortle on how "we are doing great because we made a profit" I would sigh. I fail in knowing how to get them to understand that, for the most part, the company shows a profit or a loss when they want to. It is simply their job to further corporate goals by displaying a positive or a negative public image, the timing normally being up to them. Their job is to manage the business. Managing personnel is only one part of their job. Managing public perception is their primary job, managing the financial reports is only one tool.

I wonder if that is why tempe went overboard when USAPA ran the ad with the vastly understated events that occurred with Capt. Wells in the USAToday. tempe could have felt they were losing a little control.

Reactions: 1 person
Really then why did mtc have to repair and replace things on the plane?

Better go read the logbook.

Reactions: 2 people
There was nothing wrong with the A330 Captain Wells was assigned to fly.

I only fly the little bus, so I will not talk systems on the aircraft Capt. Wells was "assigned."

Since it is obvious to me she was doing exactly what she thought to be the most conservative, safe course of action I can only hope she commands the next flight my family is on, and not you. We will all go gladly to the hotel if she deems (correctly or incorrectly) the flight not accaptable for dispatch.

Between you and Move2CLT, I don't know who to find the most disgust in over the last day or so. I just threw up a little in my mouth even thinking I might have to ride in the back of a bus with you in command, rather your dispatcher...since you fly ALL your "assignments."

RR

Really then why did mtc have to repair and replace things on the plane?

Better go read the logbook.
"320 pilot" is too lazy to actually do work and look stuff up. I have all the paperwork associated with the aborted effort and find that Captain Wells was more rational than most chief pilots, east or west. While I respect a person exercising their first amendment right to speak what trash they want, I do vehemently dispute his ignorant assertions.

Idiot does not quite cover the stupidity that cloaks his ridiculous pontifications. But, he can sell you a mean hair plug. I guess. <sigh>

"320 pilot" is too lazy to actually do work and look stuff up. I have all the paperwork associated with the aborted effort and find that Captain Wells was more rational than most chief pilots, east or west. While I respect a person exercising their first amendment right to speak what trash they want, I do vehemently dispute his ignorant assertions.

Idiot does not quite cover the stupidity that cloaks his ridiculous pontifications. But, he can sell you a mean hair plug. I guess. <sigh>

Were you there on the flight with Scott Kirby that you accuse him of attacking a FA?

Hypocrisy, you are soaking in it.

There was nothing wrong with the A330 Captain Wells was assigned to fly.
That, my verbose and always wrong friend, is an absolute lie. Just like your assertions of "done deal". Always wrong. You know it. Most of us know it.

From the lavatory water pouring through one of the avionics bays, a host of other issues, to the broken hot battery bus (no fire detection or ability to fight a fire), the inoperative battery charger as well as the three, count them, three, dead batteries. Oh, when the APU quit, no ground power and the flight standby instruments went blank, I am certain that would be such a so comforting experience in the dark at 30 west (You are supposed to have about 30 minutes). After replacing those items, as well as at least one TR, then, and only then, was the aircraft suitable for an APU ETOPS check (ETOPS qualified pending the check -- I have a copy of the release and all the associated paperwork and believe, per company statements, that the aircraft took off illegally, per the paperwork, after taking some seven hours to be "repaired"). Not to mention the report of at least one mechanic with liquor on their breath. The FAA said the aircraft was airworthy when it took off. I, provisionally agree, but, that was after some ten mostly sober mechanics spent some seven hours repairing the airframe. A tempe approved, typically frat party type operation, it seems. Mr. Parker would be proud.

In a sense, you are correct, the aircraft had "nothing wrong" for a "non ETOPS segment" by the time it took off. You forgot, my lying friend, that that occurred after all the maintenance attention, some seventy man-hours and after replacing some seven plus major system items. The airframe Captain Wells had to contend with was quite different from the one that actually departed PHL. Why do you lie? All the time. And I am not talking "liar liar, pants on fire" type of lie. It seems you are a pathological life-style type of liar.

Sad, but considering your history (you said you walked the UAL picket line after training to take jobs from United pilots, but none of my friends ever saw you), not unexpected.

You are an embarrassment to qualified pilots anywhere. Even management laughs at you. Go sell hair plugs, something with which I hear you finally seem competent. Oh, and thanks for setting the bar so low, I guess.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.