Airlines Soar on U.S. Airways Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt your claims about mechanics drinking on the job, they ae subject to random drug testing.

Now your throwing maintenance under the bus?

Seriously!

Reactions: 3 people
I seriously doubt your claims about mechanics drinking on the job, they ae subject to random drug testing.

Seriously!
It was in the FA report. In this case, I am just the messenger. Sorry.

I despise tempe mx, not the dudes in the field.

You need to realize that mx involved had been on duty for 12 plus hours already. Because tempe can get away with it, they called these guys back out to fix the airframe. You mx dudes should be really upset about this but you blame me, the messenger. Occupy tempe would be a great start to resolve this.

Seriously!

First, in any large work group there are people who drink on the job. Doesn't matter union or non-union. I would think given the licensing issues the percentage would be lower then the general population.

To make an allegation of drinking on the job without a shred of credible evidence is not a good idea. I made that mistake here because I wanted the story to be true, if it was I couldn't prove it so I said so and backed way way off.

However I at least had rumor and innuendo along with some folks I know to be truthful. However I was never able to corroborate their version of events. Thus lots and lots of smoke and no fire = retraction.

Pending proof to the contrary, our pilot colleague owes the mechanics an apology. I was man enough to admit my mistake let's see if our wayward pilot is as stand up as he claims to be. Remember it's not what you feel in your gut or know, it's what you can PROVE!

Reactions: 1 person
By filing now, with ample unrestricted cash, the company is likely to have more
control over the restructuring process. We expect AMR to emerge as a smaller,
lower cost, more sustainable entity, and view today's news as good for the
industry.
By filing with $4.1 billion in unrestricted cash, AMR expects to avoid the
customary need for debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing, and in the process is
likely to retain more control over its reorganization. The key implication for
us of that belief is that it reduces the odds that US Airways (LCC, Buy) might
be able to persuade creditors to agree to a merger, as it attempted
(unsuccessfully) during Delta's (DAL, Buy) reorganization.
For additional analyst commentary and analysis on pensions, scope, merger,
foreign ownership and airline historical time spent in Chapter 11, click here.

AMR CEO Tom Horton: "It's Not All About Labor Costs"

During a recent CNN interview, AMR's newly appointed CEO Tom Horton responded to
a question about the timing of AMR's Chapter 11 filing by saying, "it's not all
about labor costs, of course, because as the other airlines have gone through
restructuring they have addressed their capital structure, their debt, their
facilities, there are many other things, their fleet, many other things to be
considered and addressed in this process and re-optimized and that's what we're
going to do and we're going to do it in a way that makes the company much more
successful."
Good Luck DUI DOUG!

We'll see if the same tune "not all about labor costs" is played when pensions go to the PBGC and the hatchet comes down on their work rules and hourly pay. Nothing to laugh about there. Nothing to laugh about at all. This is a win, win for AA management as they have NOTHING to worry about. The employees there on the other hand should be worried.

There was nothing wrong with the A330 Captain Wells was assigned to fly.

Then why did the replacement captain, an ALPA apologist and former ALPA MEC chair, refuse that aircraft that evening for exactly the same reasons as Capt. Wells?

He was, and is, certainly NOT a supporter of USAPA.

Could it be because BOTH captains are professionals who are primarily concerned with the safety of their passengers and aircraft? And not so concerned with running their PC on the pull-out table for the entire flight to make up "UnbiasedFacts"?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.