Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Friday, February 4, 2005
US Airways to close dividend-miles office
City, county to hold hearings about incentives
By Richard Craver
JOURNAL REPORTER

US Airways Group Inc. said yesterday that it would close its Dividend Miles service center in Winston-Salem by June 30, eliminating about 100 jobs, and outsource the work being done there.

The airline's decision on which groups handle the outsourced work will determine how much it could receive of a proposed $1.4 million in local and state incentives.

Click for story

Wow! First it was the world headquarters and all the top level jobs at Piedmont Plaza gone, then pilot training, flight attendant training, the flight simulators, the INT hangars and the maint & engineering jobs, the INT stockroom and shops. The IT computer center was farmed out (most have been laid off now.)

Now recently the landing gear shop, plating shop and Dividend Miles are shutting.

Winston-Salem has to be the most devastated station in the USAir system..barely
a shadow of its former powerhouse days. What a shame.

Hey Hawk

As I CP and many years of loyalty to the employees of this airline, I await with keen interest your spin on this one. Maybe it is time to ffocus on another carrier of choice? Dunno, but I wait your answer.

longing4piedmont said:
Hey Hawk

As I CP and many years of loyalty to the employees of this airline, I await with keen interest your spin on this one. Maybe it is time to ffocus on another carrier of choice? Dunno, but I wait your answer.
[post="245399"][/post]​
Hawk?

Isn't the Chairman's Preferred desk part of the CWA? I have only talked to Dividend Miles once or twice - the once I remember for sure in an entire year was when BofA started a new FF# for me with my credit card and I had to combine accounts.

Heinrich said:
Isn't the Chairman's Preferred desk part of the CWA? I have only talked to Dividend Miles once or twice - the once I remember for sure in an entire year was when BofA started a new FF# for me with my credit card and I had to combine accounts.
[post="245908"][/post]​
The CP reps are CWA members as are the DM reps.