Us Airways' Week In Review

You folks on here have to keep something in mind.

USA320 loves to post anything that causes anyone other than himself
pain.. He enjoys seeing all of these people lose their jobs.

Never once does he admit he's wrong about anything, never once does
he think anything the company does is wrong unless it involves him.

If the company were to inform him tomorrow that they needed another 50% of
his paycheck so they could buy some E190's he would gladly give it and then
come on this board to tell everyone how important it was that they to give
away everything they have to save the company.

All so he can go to a party and tell everyone he's a pilot.

He is a short sighted little man that gets entertainment from the
pain others have to endure..

700UW said: "The Airbus Widebody Heavy Mtc will be outsourced, and the A330 will not fit in any of the PIT Hangars. Your articles contradict each other, don't you read them before you post?

USA320Pilot comments: The thread starting post had information that was obtained from the newspaper. The staff writer obtained incorrect information and I simply reported what the column said.

Separately, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported US Airways spokesman David Castelveter would only say yesterday that the airline was finalizing its analysis of how to distribute its maintenance work on its fleet.

Thus, myabe you should contact the company or the IAM to get more up to date information. However, the newspaper reproted "We do understand that US Airways intends to make these moves, but we have not received any official notification from the company at this point," said machinists union spokesman Joe Tiberi.

See Story

Best regareds,

USA320Pilot
[post="243314"][/post]​
[/quote]

Usairways_vote_No & 700UW:

You give yourself way to much credit. By the way, when would now be a good time for you to finally "confront reality"?

UVN, your multiple questions do not make a lot of sense. However, let me say this, I believe US Airways will survive and in the not-so-distant future, maybe as early as Monday, will announce exit financing. Do not be surpirsed if the company becomes privately held.

By the way, when would now be a good time to get over your bitterness?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:

[post="243496"][/post]​

Since my questions are too much for your one track think only of me brain try taking them one at a time. Let me repeat I am not bitter rather quite amused.

Lets not change the issue you know the questions poised to you. Its about misinformation sonny.

USA320Pilot said:
You give yourself way to much credit. By the way, when would now be a good time for you to finally "confront reality"?
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="243496"][/post]​
The only one who constantly pats themselves on the back is you.

How many times have you said "I said it first" "look at me" Secret sources, cockpit chronicles (dave siegel told me, yadda yadda yadda)

I guess you keep telling yourself that you know it all and report it all first, that still does not make it true.

mweiss said:
Is it, now? Sure looks like a 700 to me. I don't think Boeing has been putting any winglets on the 300s.
[post="243164"][/post]​

flyin2low said:
Ha, makes me laugh. M.Weiss knows his Boeings better than 2 USAirways mechs.....
[post="243532"][/post]​

10 Jul 2003 - Air Plus Comet Becomes World's First Operator of Boeing 737-300 with Winglets

Air Plus Comet yesterday became the world's first operator of a Boeing 737-300 with advanced-technology blended winglets and the latest carrier in Spain operating Boeing airplanes.

The winglets, which curve out and up from the plane's wing tips, improve an airplane's performance and allow it to fly more than 185km farther than a 737-300 without winglets. Winglets also offer excellent environmental benefits, including reduced fuel use, takeoff and landing noise, and in-flight engine emissions.

"As the first worldwide customer for the new 737-300 blended winglet, we will be the first to experience the fuel savings and environmental benefits they bring," said Alejandro Avila, Air Plus Comet technical director.

The 737-300, leased from Aircraft Leasing Management, was delivered today. Headquartered in Madrid, Air Plus Comet provides long-distance charter flights between Spain and European locations and the Americas. It began operations in 1997.

Aviation Partners Boeing, a joint venture of Boeing and Aviation Partners, Inc., developed the winglets. The winglets can be installed on 737-300, -400, -700 and -800 models. More than 28 carriers fly nearly 300 winglet-equipped 737s.

Winglets

mweiss said:
Is it, now? Sure looks like a 700 to me. I don't think Boeing has been putting any winglets on the 300s.
[post="243164"][/post]​

Actually guys, I believe it is a 300. The 700's have a pronounced hump under the rear fuselage containing a tail strike protector. Its very obvious when you taxi behind one.

I read that Southwest is retrofitting all their 300's with 700-type winglets for fuel conservation.

767jetz said:
The 700's have a pronounced hump under the rear fuselage containing a tail strike protector.
The 400s, 800s, and 900s do, but not the 500s, 600s, or 700s.

I read that Southwest is retrofitting all their 300's with 700-type winglets for fuel conservation.
[post="243568"][/post]​
Yup. I missed the boat on that one...they are, indeed, putting the winglets on the 300s.

USA320Pilot said:

UVN, your multiple questions do not make a lot of sense. However, let me say this, I believe US Airways will survive and in the not-so-distant future, maybe as early as Monday, will announce exit financing. Do not be surpirsed if the company becomes privately held.

By the way, when would now be a good time to get over your bitterness?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="243496"][/post]​

what kind of private company would usair be with or something along the lines of that? also would the govt, specifically the atsb allow it? and if say the idea of a merger in late summer of fall does occur how does that affect?

robbedagain said:
what kind of private company would usair be with or something along the lines of that? also would the govt, specifically the atsb allow it? and if say the idea of a merger in late summer of fall does occur how does that affect?
[post="243579"][/post]​
I highly doubt that the government would have any objections to US Airways becoming a private company. All it means to be a private company is that you have no publicly available stock. If you can get all of your financing from the equities market and from within, you can be a successful private company.

mweiss said:
The 400s, 800s, and 900s do, but not the 500s, 600s, or 700s.
Yup. I missed the boat on that one...they are, indeed, putting the winglets on the 300s.
[post="243576"][/post]​
Well, Well, Told you that was a 300 !!! :lol:

700UW said:
The only one who constantly pats themselves on the back is you.

How many times have you said "I said it first" "look at me" Secret sources, cockpit chronicles (dave siegel told me, yadda yadda yadda)

I guess you keep telling yourself that you know it all and report it all first, that still does not make it true.
[post="243509"][/post]​
This is quite an interesting reply, as this could also reply to you, 700......because you do the EXACT same thing!! That is why certain posters' here, myself included, call you on this nonsense! You continually attack anyone who disagrees with you, but it's ok for you to do it??? You ALWAYS have the answers......you were there......blah...blah!!! AND....you have been wrong! My point is, the reason i'm a pain in your a## is because you do not practice what you preach!!!......though you try your hardest to get your "thorns" sent to the cornfield!(by the way, didn't work the last time you tried!!..LOL)

I'm not "sticking up" for 320, though you will say that or i'm Attacking" you, whatever dude......Have a good life.....REMEMBER.......I tried, you refused, AND you know what i'm saying, so don't use the boards to twist the words to your favor, like you always do! Use either the PM function......or the IGNORE feature!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baja4U said:
Well, Well, Told you that was a 300 !!! :lol:
[post="243674"][/post]​
Not so fast...I was wrong about the winglets on the 300, but I wasn't wrong about that being a 700. Check out the shape of the engine pylon. Compare it to the shape of the 300 pylon.