ALPA Calls NWA pilots lower class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALPO NO MO

Nov 12, 2007
www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/10821.html

Quote from ALPA Spokeshole: "When you work with Delta guys, you tend to think of a Fortune 500 company,â€￾ said Air Line Pilots Association spokesman Pete Janhunen. “Northwest is a little more upper-Midwest, a little more working-class and less formal.â€￾

Gee, ALPO has foot-in-mouth disease. NWA pilots need to dump that dog of a union and leave it to the "show dog" Delta pilots.

Later,
Eye

Gee, ALPO has foot-in-mouth disease. NWA pilots need to dump that dog of a union and leave it to the "show dog" Delta pilots.

Later,
Eye

Yep, if they could only get a real union like USAPA, everything would be better. I hear they are so good, binding arbitration is only binding if the outcome favors your side. <_<

From what I have heard, NWA pilots wants to "burn their own house down, because they got left out of negotiations with DAL pilots. They started a job action called BOB, i.e. burns a lot of fuel. NWA pilots want top 500 seats and throw the bottom 2000 DAL pilots at the end of the list and of course N pilots want immediate pay parity. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Of course, I can't blame DAL pilots for signing a side letter. It's hard to negotiate when your MEC chairman is (NWA) on vacation in Mexico and time was of the essense. So now the N pilots are mad, the deal before isn't as good as before and they are demanding this and that. So I guess they want to burn the house down because that will teach DAL.

If that happens, I sure hope everybody is wearing asbestos. I guess DAL doesn't have to acquire NWA, especially if NWA pilot "burns the house down." Then where does that leave NWA? Chapter 7? If it is Ch7, then the NWA pilots can apply to fly for DAL and start at the bottom and it also leaves a lot more other employees without a job. NWA pilots actions will set the stage wheather NWA employees will have a job or not.

NWA and DAL pilots really don't want a merger, who really does, but it's gonna happen. It is now the survival of the largest and leanest. Take a look at the geopolitics. Tell a NWA pilot they better hurry and sign a contract. Your job may depend on it.

Good luck everyone.

Another option would be leaving the airline segment of the transportation industry. It can't be much fun to work at NW anymore so why not move on?

There were many good years of employment at U.S. based airlines but now look at their state of debauchery!

Another option would be leaving the airline segment of the transportation industry. It can't be much fun to work at NW anymore so why not move on?

There were many good years of employment at U.S. based airlines but now look at their state of debauchery!

We might have a Drunk of a CEO but US Airways aint a debauchery...are you coming to the Furlough party?

Do you have a sense of fair and equitable? :blink:
Did US have the opportunity to be fair and equitable prior to submitting to arbitration? Do you believe DOH would have been fair and equitable? Did US realize going into arbitration that ALPA's merger policy was not predicated on DOH? Did US not know the rules of the game prior to playing the game? Did US not understand the meaning of the word "binding"? <_<

... I guess DAL doesn't have to acquire NWA, especially if NWA pilot "burns the house down." Then where does that leave NWA? Chapter 7? If it is Ch7, then the NWA pilots can apply to fly for DAL and start at the bottom and it also leaves a lot more other employees without a job....
That is essentially what happened with PanAm, and Delta gave them DOH.

Quote from ALPA Spokeshole: "When you work with Delta guys, you tend to think of a Fortune 500 company,â€￾ said Air Line Pilots Association spokesman Pete Janhunen. “Northwest is a little more upper-Midwest, a little more working-class and less formal.â€￾

I guess since US Airways left the ALPA fold, now the Northwest Pilots are the "red-headed step children". ALPA's infinite wisdom is never lacking in idiocy.

Why sould anyone take offense to that. We at NWA are the working class and proud of it. When I think of Fortune 500 I think of the arrogant f##ks that are stealing from the working class to fill their own egos. I'll fly working class any day.

Dear Pete Janhunen--

Kindly go pound sand. I hope you're not as big of failure at the controls as you are at diplomacy.

Why sould anyone take offense to that. We at NWA are the working class and proud of it. When I think of Fortune 500 I think of the arrogant f##ks that are stealing from the working class to fill their own egos. I'll fly working class any day.

You and me both.

Dear Pete Janhunen--

Kindly go pound sand. I hope you're not as big of failure at the controls as you are at diplomacy.

You and me both.

Who is Pete Jahunen? Unionized pilots are ALL in the same class and craft as far as the NLRB is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back