ALPA December 12 Code-A-Phone Update

C

chipmunn

ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - December 5, 2002
This is Roy Freundlich with a US Airways MEC update for Thursday, December 5, with one new item.
The Negotiating Committee reports that it submitted a counterproposal today to management in response to management’s proposal for further employee cost reductions. The counterproposal is tied to participation by labor and management among other conditions. The ALPA proposal includes changes to the Restructuring Agreement to satisfy the Company’s request, in areas specified by ALPA, through pay, small jet authority, benefits and work rules. The Company would receive benefits from productivity only through attrition based on normal retirements. ALPA also proposed additional financial returns tied to the Company’s operating performance and equity, as well as other protections. Management indicated that it will attempt to provide a response on Friday.
Please remember we have 1,356 pilots on furlough, with 326 pilot furloughs scheduled for January 7, and 145 additional pilot furloughs anticipated through April 2003.
Thank you for listening.

WARNING Rant to follow: I sit here in front of my computer while it is being powered by my own electrical generator and I ponder this; Self reliance is a wonderful thing. My neighbors are freezing (as we have been without power for over 13 hours now; largest power outage in NC ever), but I am on the net. My house is warm, both zones of my house are powered (my Dad is a retired master electrician and he wired my generator into my house). My point is, take matter into your own hands. If you control your destiny, the airline is really insignificant. All of the threats and doom are irrelavent. I see the gloom and doom on these boards every day and I don't care. Sure I care for my fellow employees (really I am not altruistic, I am concerned for my vested retirement). U are sunk. I hate the unions (because they treated ME bad and took countless thousands of my money). ALPA is the worst...concession at the expense of the junior pilots ($100,000 just in my first 5 years--B scale). Now ALPO is going to stick the junior pilots (15 years) on a substand contract comparable to American Eagle. This was considered an entry level contranct. Now, according to the U MEC, it is acceptable for 15 year pilots. Bunk! MEC Be advised I am under the influence of sourmash wiskey! I am a hillbilly after all..and proud of it!
11.gif']

WARNING Rant to follow: I sit here in front of my computer while it is being powered by my own electrical generator and I ponder this; Self reliance is a wonderful thing. My neighbors are freezing (as we have been without power for over 13 hours now; largest power outage in NC ever), but I am on the net. My house is warm, both zones of my house are powered (my Dad is a retired master electrician and he wired my generator into my house). My point is, take matter into your own hands. If you control your destiny, the airline is really insignificant. All of the threats and doom are irrelavent. I see the gloom and doom on these boards every day and I don't care. Sure I care for my fellow employees (really I am not altruistic, I am concerned for my vested retirement). U are sunk. I hate the unions (because they treated ME bad and took countless thousands of my money). ALPA is the worst...concession at the expense of the junior pilots ($100,000 just in my first 5 years--B scale). Now ALPO is going to stick the junior pilots (15 years) on a substand contract comparable to American Eagle. This was considered an entry level contranct. Now, according to the U MEC, it is acceptable for 15 year pilots. Bunk! MEC Be advised I am under the influence of sourmash wiskey! I am a hillbilly after all..and proud of it!
11.gif']

Hey Red,

I live further out in the boonies - eight days after the big blow.

We added a deity to our catechism - the generator! "Please, please, please don't crap out on us!" was the prayer!

Hey Red,

I live further out in the boonies - eight days after the big blow.

We added a deity to our catechism - the generator! "Please, please, please don't crap out on us!" was the prayer!