American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
Could one of you relate what has happened to negotiations in relation to the Bankruptcy?
Did the Bankruptcy have a time limit for negotiations to be complete?
All other groups are complete ?

Google Section 1113 C of the bankruptcy code.

And yes there is a time frame.

In the last US case negotiations were started in November and our CBA (mechanic and related) was abrogated at the end of January.

Could one of you relate what has happened to negotiations in relation to the Bankruptcy?
Did the Bankruptcy have a time limit for negotiations to be complete?
All other groups are complete ?

We’re in the TWU Groups still under our Bankruptcy agreements minus the pay increases we received in 2016.

The agreements reached for IAM Members were standalone agreements reached during Section 6 and the Pilots and Flight Attendants have Joint Collective Bargaining Agreements which are the talks we’re in right now.

Without the merger we all had 5 year Bankruptcy deals at AA that expire in September of this year. All with a 17% cut in expenses to our CBA’s.

Fleet negotiating committee just needs to shelve talks unless things are seriously enhanced. If they bring the company offer out, it would pass by 95%. I hate to say it but days off mean an awful lot.

Fleet negotiating committee just needs to shelve talks unless things are seriously enhanced. If they bring the company offer out, it would pass by 95%. I hate to say it but days off mean an awful lot.

Tim,

Do you exaggerate much? Watching the two most recent town halls, MIA and PHL are no votes and I can tell you PHX is a no vote and I would bet BOS, PIT and CLT are no in a big way along with other LUS stations. Not one TWU guy in PHX would vote for this either. I'm sure many other TWU employees would be against. I think it would fail. Why? Outsourcing, wages that fall behind UA in a few months, bad profit sharing compared to UA and DL, crappy 401k offer which puts money back in Parker's pocket and LAA insurance.

I will agree with you that it would be a waste to bring out just to get a no vote though.

P. Rez

Tim,

Do you exaggerate much? Watching the two most recent town halls, MIA and PHL are no votes and I can tell you PHX is a no vote and I would bet BOS, PIT and CLT are no in a big way along with other LUS stations. Not one TWU guy in PHX would vote for this either. I'm sure many other TWU employees would be against. I think it would fail. Why? Outsourcing, wages that fall behind UA in a few months, bad profit sharing compared to UA and DL, crappy 401k offer which puts money back in Parker's pocket and LAA insurance.

I will agree with you that it would be a waste to bring out just to get a no vote though.

P. Rez
Just dont bring it out. Your opinion is just as valid as mine but we will just disagree whether it will pass or not.

Nope! It would never pass. People are smarter than that, TIm. No one in their right mind would ever vote for that piece of shite proposal just to get days off. Maybe some junior, non-career people, but the rank and file would not ratify such a piece of crap just to get more or better days off. I think you are hoping that they would vote for it so you could get them all rilled up about a crappy contract just like you did with the United folks so you could further your need to destroy the IAM.

Because of the current frustrations I'd suspect it would pass in Fleet, but with buyers remorse.

Nope! It would never pass. People are smarter than that, TIm. No one in their right mind would ever vote for that piece of shite proposal just to get days off. Maybe some junior, non-career people, but the rank and file would not ratify such a piece of crap just to get more or better days off...

I really hope you’re right, but recent history isn’t on your side.

How many times have we seen people skip straight to the pay scale (especially in the hubs), and skip the rest?

Cool, maybe we can keep this one open. Disagreements are fine. Facts are great, but so are different opinions without hate.
My opinion is it would pass if put up for a vote.

Last edited:
I really hope you’re right, but recent history isn’t on your side.

How many times have we seen people skip straight to the pay scale (especially in the hubs), and skip the rest?

Why do you have to point out Hub people as if they’re your enemy? You seem to hold real anger towards people who work in Hubs.

The wages as conveyed only amount to .22 cents DOS. And the Company proposes only 2% per year times 5 years.

That’s not a scale that’s going to get people to break out the Pom Poms.

Why do you have to point out Hub people as if they’re your enemy? You seem to hold real anger towards people who work in Hubs.

I don’t, but one doesn’t have to look to far to see people in hubs (at multiple carriers) choosing $$$ over almost all else. Add to that some apathy/people sick of waiting/the IGM crowd etc., and you have a recipe for a sh*tty outcome.

You guys are up to bat, and whether you like it or not, how you all ultimately vote will have a massive effect on every other carrier going forward.

The wages as conveyed only amount to .22 cents DOS. And the Company proposes only 2% per year times 5 years.

That certainly works in labor’s favor.

@alus -

the company says that you guys (lus/iam) can exchange your holiday pay for 7 days off. this is under 'current lus/iam'. this is on their recent flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.