American Airlines Announces New EveryFare(SM) Program to Offer Customers Its 'Web Fares' Via Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AA would just slip in overnight, and announce that they were reinstating the travel agency commission program, they would make a KILLING before the other carriers could react. Doesn't even have to be ten percent or a flat fee, many agencies would jump at 3-5% which is better than the thanks for 50 years of being responsible for the building our airline, now schmegg off they were handed several months ago.

As always, you gotta spend money to make money, and the fact still remains that NO carrier ever lost money on commissioned ticket sales through travel agencies, it was always a win-win partnership.

I still use a travel agency to take care of my travel needs, even though they've gone to a fee-based status, it's still better to let them get the headache than me.

Instead, AA chooses to play favorites by selecting a choice few agencies to partner with, further telling the rest of them to schmegg off again.

Without any type of media blitz, AA could just start paying some level of commission again to the agencies and the word would spread like wild fire...every agency in the country would be scrambling to book and sell AA - to the point where flights 6 months out or more would be booked solid in a matter of days.

There's some marketing genius to be had here...how long is it going to take AA to catch on?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 11:28:08 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

To everyone,
Is this also a convenient way to reduce AA res. agents IN ANY WAY ???????????????????
Seriously,
NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]

Of course! To AMR, job fatalities are just part of the neverending and continuing overall body count!

What you need to ask is how many employees out there have seen their work load double and triple with the layoffs, but there has been no increase in pay to compensate for it. Kind of like they did when they expanded the CSM role to Up and Down, doubling their work load, with no salary increase but a major increase in the CR1s and the 1st step advisorys. Hmmmmm. All they get is an occasional jetwire from the Grey Goat saying thanks for being a team player and helping us return to profitability (read: thanks for my stock options and thanks for the more than 9 million bucks a year I have been compensated since 2000!)

In tough times, headcount always gets the first look....executive management is never looked at.

Could someone please explain how cannibalizing web distribution channels affects AA res agents' workload?

I'm not sure why I am continously amazed by the level of bitterness on this board, but I am. Is there any chance that we can raise the level of discourse here?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/26/2002 11:54:02 AM Connected1 wrote:

I'm not sure why I am continously amazed by the level of bitterness on this board, but I am. Is there any chance that we can raise the level of discourse here?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Certainly! Slash salaries at the executive level by 50% and bring back all the people who have lost their jobs due to management-heavy spending and incompetence.

Quick! Someone dust the cobwebs off old man Crandall before Susan Oliver jumps off the Training Center roof!

WingnA

While I have only been a lurker on these boards, I am always amazed how quickly topics can stray. It always seems to swing toward the Anti-Managment mentality with you. I appreciate your comments, but I thought Bills' post was very topical, and a way American is trying to bring the agency back into the fold.

On 9/25/2002 12:24:24 PM WingNaPrayer wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/25/2002 11:28:08 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

To everyone,
Is this "also" a convenient way to reduce AA res. agents IN ANY WAY ???????????????????
Seriously,
NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]

Of course! To AMR, job fatalities are just part of the neverending and continuing overall body count!

What you need to ask is how many employees out there have seen their work load double and triple with the layoffs, but there has been no increase in pay to compensate for it. Kind of like they did when they expanded the CSM role to Up and Down, doubling their work load, with no salary increase but a major increase in the CR1s and the 1st step advisorys. Hmmmmm. All they get is an occasional jetwire from the Grey Goat saying thanks for being a team player and helping us return to profitability (read: thanks for my stock options and thanks for the more than 9 million bucks a year I have been compensated since 2000!)

In tough times, headcount always gets the first look....executive management is never looked at.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Status
Not open for further replies.