American Airlines Personal Hygiene policy

Shafted

Advanced
Feb 1, 2012
Does AA have a personal hygiene policy? If so, is it posted someplace on jetnet? I am unable to find it. One of our AA coworkers has the most offensive BO.. It's spans a good 50 plus feet in every possible direction! It's like he walks around with a giant dome of stank around him. I would think there should be a policy covering this offensive situation! Can someone post a jetnet link to this policy if it is out there?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!
I need a breath of fresh air!!!

Care full when approaching this subject to the individual.  Could be a medical issue.  I know people that have it.  Just a friendly suggestion...

Reactions: 1 person
As a Sup I had to write someone up and counsle them on BO after many complaints and a few sublte tries at giving them the hint didn't work. Man was that uncomfortable. Absoultey something that should be handled by your immediate report.

Nothing you can do....

It's a product of being a new supervisor.. They're always breathing recycled air, and generally have a near sighted vision issues also.. Occasionally after a breathe of fresh air the stank dissipates but usually reappears when a superior is present..

With a little luck or aircraft damage, the individual stank will be promoted and will not be experiencing the effects of overdosing on the up and locked status.

http://www.manager-tools.com/2007/06/how-to-handle-yes-body-odor-part-1

http://www.manager-tools.com/2007/06/how-to-handle-body-odor-part-2-of-2

I like where the first thing to do is shift the paradigm from the negative connotation of "body odor" to the more neutral term of "personal scent".

These are really good podcasts on how to deal with this as a Manager. I have had to deal with this issue recently. It is a tough one to deal with, especially if the worker gets along with everyone in the workplace.

Back in the day, at AA, you could confront the individual and tell them to take a shower. Located in TULE hangar 6. Or put deodorant (in a bag) on top of their toolboxes. Now it would be considered harassment or intimidation followed up by a possible 29F and a CR1 entry or possible termination. Unfortunately you have to walk on eggshells with this issue.

Is this about Nick @ AF JFK? Please no last names....just a yes or a no answer will do.