American plans hourly flights on New York-LA route

jimntx said:
Josh, you cannot take MIA f/as as the standard for what is correct at AA. Remember you are talking about a group of f/as who caused ALL AA female f/as to have to wear the scarf on duty because some of them were reputed to be wearing the vest with no blouse underneath.

They also almost caused us to lose the KnownCrewmember service at MIA because if they were randomly selected to go through regular security (which happens from time to time), they would go to another Knowncrewmember portal and try to get through there. TSA informed AA that if they had one more incident like that the service would be terminated at MIA.

I would hope that if the TSA enacts any bans, it would go by employee group. If the pilots are causing the problem, ban or suspend, if ythe FA's are, ban or suspend. I doubt they will and everyone will suffer.

I know this will be a very unpopular view, but personally, the KCM line should not be extended to any other group outside the cockpit crew for security reasons. I can't stand the legions of TSA waltzing in the exits with unsearched backpacks given their pre-hire and post hire criminal convictions. The FA job (outside AA and other top carriers) is too easy to get and there is a limited vetting process.

Rogallo said:
At one time, big jets such as [/size]Boeing 747's and [/size]Douglas DC10's were mainstays on AA’s JFK-LAX/SFO transcon flights,[/size]

Someone refresh my memory please. How many 747's did AA have? SP model? And where did they fly?[/size]
AA flew 14 of the classic 747 from 1970 to 1984, and flew them primarily out of JFK to LAX, SFO, and SJU.

About half were eventually converted into freighters, starting in 1975. AA got rid of them in one fell swoop by trading them to Citibank & Pan Am for a bunch of the former National Airlines DC10's.

http://www.olesen.com/2001/06/747dc10-swap.html

jimntx said:
What do you mean, where did I hear it? An HI6 or company email (I don't remember which) was sent out warning all f/as that attempting to bypass regular security when randomly selected at KCM portal was going to cause AA to lose KCM privileges. I learned from someone in Flight Service mgt that it was MIA or IMA f/as attempting to circumvent random security check, and that it had occurred more than once. Because it did not appear to be happening at any other location than MIA, AA was put on warning by the TSA that another such occurrence would mean that AA employees would lose KCM privileges at MIA. Believe it or not, I don't really care.

I've been "random'd" at MIA twice now, no biggie for me though now that we can use the PreCheck line. No cutting in front of pax in the PreCheck line though, btw, fyi...

Mach85ER said:

Either way, I'm not comfortable with the risk.

So, flight attendants shouldn't have access to the flight deck, then? Too risky; they haven't been vetted enough? I'm not sure you're being very reasonable here. Or perhaps a bit paranoid.

Flight attendants and pilots both have direct access to flight controls… so screening flight attendants seems just as absurd as screening the pilots.

Latest posts