AMR CFO- mulls consolidation

Sounded like AA was going to sit it out.

There are tons of issues with a merger with NWA, besides the labor issue which would be a disaster. The age of both fleets, combined you're looking at something like $15-20 billion to replace them, probably in the next 5-10 years if not sooner.

What do you do with 3 hubs less than 2 hours apart, MSP, ORD, and DTW, you can't possibly keep all three and ORD has no room to grow.

Why would you want to try to piece it all together?

Sounded like AA was going to sit it out.

There are tons of issues with a merger with NWA, besides the labor issue which would be a disaster. The age of both fleets, combined you're looking at something like $15-20 billion to replace them, probably in the next 5-10 years if not sooner.

What do you do with 3 hubs less than 2 hours apart, MSP, ORD, and DTW, you can't possibly keep all three and ORD has no room to grow.

Why would you want to try to piece it all together?

To make money of course.

What part of the world is thought to be the place that promises the most growth? Aisia. NWA is well established in the Orient.

If there is no room to grow in ORD then it makes sense to establish another hub close by, what didnt or doesnt make sense is to establish two hubs nearbly each other (BNA, RDU)that are underutilized.

all AA needs to do is go to the TWU and request A 10.00 AN HOUR PAYCUT, and then they could buy NW. Sounds like a good idea to me.

IF AA buys NW, I hope one of if not the first thing that happens is that ALL the SCABS go bye bye.

There are plenty of loud mouth TWU supporting Jerry Sowells types in Tulsa.

We surely dont want to have a Scab Contest with NWA. AA would likely win hands down in Tulsa alone.

IF AA buys NW, I hope one of if not the first thing that happens is that ALL the SCABS go bye bye.

No way, they would fit in perfect with the Eastern scabs that we already have. The TWU seemed to accept this. The TWU knew who the scabs were when they got hired but did not voice their concern or opinion considering many ex-Eastern AMT's were already in the ranks of the TWU.

This is unionism at its best.

No way, they would fit in perfect with the Eastern scabs that we already have. The TWU seemed to accept this. The TWU knew who the scabs were when they got hired but did not voice their concern or opinion considering many ex-Eastern AMT's were already in the ranks of the TWU.

This is unionism at its best.

You guys are really entertaining.

Lets see, you don't like the company you work for, any type of management, the customer, the government, the union that represents you, the unions that represent other labor groups, most other airline workers, and you don't even like most of the people that work with you. Did I miss anyone?