AMR REPORTS $375 MILLION LOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better results than I had predicted. Mainline RASM down only 8.7%, less than AA had predicted about a month ago. Cargo yield down 8.6% and cargo volume down 26.6%, causing cargo revenue to fall 33% yoy.

Time for AMR to start dumping some serious dead management weight. They can start in MIA with those hired thugs they sent in from JFK to do battle with passenger services. With all the interrogations, suspensions and firings going on so far this year, the MIA budget should be looking pretty good going into Q2!

OH, and BTW, executive bonuses will post Friday. Get ready to blow a gasket!

I am an AMT. Is it just me or did t-squared and the boys look a little foolish? I mean c`mon jumping up and down yelling and screaming? That is not the image I want the public to have of us, we are better than that. A bunch of loudmouths acting like spoiled children is counterproductive. Guys claim to be "professional" and then act like that? We will get what we deserve...NOTHING. You idiots need to start acting like grown men and not spoiled little children.I `m embarrassed for the entire profession.
When is the last time any of you went to a crew meeting and it stayed professional? How about a 'town hall" meeting with members of management? You do not see the pilots acting this way do you. Torres-torres you re one of the worst. All of you loudmouth ricans shut up and stay out of the way. I am just sick to death of guys shooting off their mouths and then can`t back it up on the floor or line. I am a professional AMT on bay 2 AFW and I approve this post !!!

Something else from the filing...

"Other Revenue" was $558M 1Q09 vs. $522M in 1Q08. The lions share of that are all those pesky fees for liquor, buy-on-board food, ticket penalties, confirmed standby fees, etc.

Half a billion in real revenue to the bottom line is pretty hard to ignore, and it's growing even with the capacity cuts and revenue shortfalls.

Take note and watch this line going forward, and not just with AA. Expect it to continue to grow as a percentage of all revenue (currently around 11%). It will probably eclipse Cargo revenue for AA at some point. It's cheap to produce, has huge margins, and carries a lot less opportunity for service failure/liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.