An Open letter to AMR CEO Tom Horton

I love the letter.however, remember Horton Hired Harvey Miller of Weil, Gotshal and manges.This is the very same lawyer and law firm that Frank Lorenzo used to gut Continental and Eastern.HE USED LORENZO's LAWYER and LAW FIRM.Most of us AAers do not believe he is a good man or has good intentions

Most people also don't think a divorce lawyer has good intentions, until they need one. Then you don't care if they have good intentions or are a good man. You only are concerned if they can get results.

Well in a divorce its about getting revenge sometimes so you want a lawyer that will accomplish that. Taking a company through bankruptcy under the guise of returning it to prosperity you should want advisors that have that goal. Hiring a lawyer that destroyed 2 airlines and is helping to destroy the morale of another is far different. But scumbag lawyers are the common denominator. You are correct.

Taking a company through bankruptcy under the guise of returning it to prosperity you should want advisors that have that goal.

A lawyer's goal is to do what he is being paid to do if at all possible. Nothing more, nothing less. If one of the goals in bankruptcy is to cut employee costs, AA wants a lawyer that is very good at that.

Jim

A lawyer's goal is to do what he is being paid to do if at all possible. Nothing more, nothing less. If one of the goals in bankruptcy is to cut employee costs, AA wants a lawyer that is very good at that.

Jim
Correct. My question is: What is the company's goal? Revenge or prosperity? Some of the company's cuts seem punitive and may actually produce the wrong results. So they have hired a scumbag lawyer with experience at dismantling one airline and crippling another one for 20+ years, Much like an ex who seeks revenge will hire the same type of lawyer.
My hope is that hell has a special place for CEOs, EXs, and their lawyers who live their lives this way.

Correct. My question is: What is the company's goal? Revenge or prosperity? Some of the company's cuts seem punitive and may actually produce the wrong results. So they have hired a scumbag lawyer with experience at dismantling one airline and crippling another one for 20+ years, Much like an ex who seeks revenge will hire the same type of lawyer.
My hope is that hell has a special place for CEOs, EXs, and their lawyers who live their lives this way.
I hope there's room in that place for the likes of the Frank Lorenzo's, and the Carl Ichan's of this world!

Most people agree that AA didn't cut far enough in 2003. Once bitten, twice shy.

Most on Wall Street also agree that AA has a revenue problem more so than anything else. So this begs the question: if they did BK in 2003 could this same management team have built a successful business model? I think not. One can have the best tools but they are no good if you don't have the brains to know how to use them. It's a incompetent management team running a failed business plan.
At this point it doesn't matter how much they cut from labor.Tom Horton is in WAY.. over his head.

This isn't the AA your Mama knew!

mistified

Latest posts

Back