An Open Letter to The Great Employees of US Airways

Focus,
Many thanks for your continued good wishes. Your support for the previous US was valued and sought. Unfortunately, despite the name, the company you are talking about no longer exists. It's been said many times, but it certainly would have been better for all if they had taken the AWA name.

AWA aka US no longer operates on a customer centered mission. The new company is dominated by accountants and as we all know, these people deal in numbers, not service. From their point of view, the numbers didn't work.

The interesting thing is that while slow to learn, when confronted with numerical evidence of cause and effect, they do eventually perceive patterns and losses. Therefore, it is advised that you do what is best for you, and inevitably the numbers will yield the information and perhaps induce the accountants to re-examine their decisions. Until then, any action/ verbiage from the employee group has and will continue to fall on deaf ears. Accountants do not listen well either, except to the sound of an empty cash register.

Many thanks. If and when the accountants do perceive losses and take some positive action, we as employees will welcome you back with open arms, assuming by then you're not dead, US isn't dead and you are willing to return.

Best to you all.

I listen to just about EVERY comment you make when it comes to passengers and certainly our FF's. It truly scares the hell out of me that we have employees like YOU at this airline. It's ONE thing to have a management team that thinks as they do but to have an employee feel the same way is horrifying. You are entitled to your opinion and views but I don't get it.....I sure know you DON'T. I mean IS the light on up there? :rolleyes:

What EVER!! I Have My Opinion!! High Yield? PALEEESE! Ask Them How Much They Pay For Their Ticket! I Can Garrontee It's Not As HIGH Yield As You Think!! And I Have Seen Your Posts As Well...If You Don't Like It Here Than Do Us A Favor A Leave!

What EVER!! I Have My Opinion!! High Yield? PALEEESE! Ask Them How Much They Pay For Their Ticket! I Can Garrontee It's Not As HIGH Yield As You Think!! And I Have Seen Your Posts As Well...If You Don't Like It Here Than Do Us A Favor A Leave!

PM me you e-mail address.....I'll send you $67K worth of "high yield" receipts from last year.....I just got it all ready for the accountant. How many F Class tix on other carriers do you need to see before you believe people DO pay for it?

Not EVERYONE is riding on the cheap....I just sent Tempe serveral receipts....

I feel bad for you that you believe EVERYONE shops for air fare the way you personally would travel. That's not how it works. Don't believe me? (a.) try getting an upgrade on CO from EWR ANYWHERE and (b.) take a look at the (growing # of) private jets on the tarmacs on airports around the country.

OTOH, if being (obviously) bitter works for you...far be it from me to rain on your parade...

You know whats funny? My Meal Voucher says "Bill to America West Airlines" When are these a-west holes going to accept the fact that it's US AIRWAYS...

Someone forgot to tell the subcontracted printer to change the master 5 reorders ago. :lol: Or was it 10 reorders, given how many they went through last March. :lol: :lol:

Once again, a change that negatively impacts the East Coast business pax. Why would anyone in their right mind fly US from PHL to BOS when tickets have recently been over $1000 NON-REFUNDABLE and they aren't going to give you a minimum of 500 miles? If you are a CP who earns on miles and your trips include long and short hauls, this makes earning CP more difficult even though you are probably giving the company more revenue than someone who is doing Florida flights or maybe even transcons. Any business pax who continue to fly US at this point deserve what they get.

If you are a CP who earns on miles and your trips include long and short hauls, this makes earning CP more difficult even though you are probably giving the company more revenue than someone who is doing Florida flights or maybe even transcons.
Here's the "Tale of two elites" I sent to someone - not CP but PP. I didn't include any elite mileage bonus because I was too lazy to look it up on the website, but otherwise it uses actual mileage/fare data from the BTS.

Joe Beantown: BOS-LGA round trip will now earn 370 EQM's (DOT official mileage) instead of 1,000 EQM's and provide US with $324 in revenue (2Q07 average US fare per BTS). Do that weekly except for big holidays - 50 times a year - and the passenger gets 18,500 EQM's (can't even get a domestic saver award) instead of 50,000, gets Platinum status via segments, and US gets $16,200 in revenue.

Bob Cheesesteak: PHL-LAX round trip will still earn 4,802 EQM's (DOT official mileage) and provide US with $510 in revenue (average US fare, 2Q07 BTS data). Do that 16 times in a year (about every 3 weeks excepting big holidays) and the passenger gets 76,832 EQM's (enough for 3 domestic saver awards), gets Platinum status via miles, and US gets $8,160 in revenue.

Jim

OK,

Lets stop the back and forth sniping and keep this on topic...those involved SHOULD know better.

Nuff said?

Latest posts