and just when you thought we were out of Iraq...

PHXConx

Veteran
May 13, 2008
oh crap... i meant to post this in watercooler if  a mod wouldnt mind could i get one to move it thanks 

and another day of new airstrikes....  

if obama wanted to instill change in iraq he should have never left, but we created a power vacuum allowed these groups fester, and in some cases  trained them,  then act like we have a right to get involved, yes we(the western world, our iraq invasion was just the last in the line of western mistakes in iraq..) caused the problem, but its something iraqis must figure out...

we cant fix this, without putting boots on the ground for the next 100 years... and even then it probably wont fix the problem.  

we (the world) either create three states out of one...  

or put a strong man back in power, and waste the last 11 years 

but putting teams together, and not liking how the game is being played out then cheating for one side or the other, will never fix this... western influence in the middle east caused this... 

we are still paying the price for british mistakes in iraq in the 20s we need a reset button, and we need to understand there will be deaths.  we arent stopping the violence we are just postponing it... 

what the F is this lunacy???

“Vice President Biden relayed President Obama's offer of humanitarian assistance for the Yazidis and reaffirmed his commitment to take whatever actions necessary to protect Americans in Arbil, including targeted airstrikes," the White House said following Biden’s telephone conversation with Barzani.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140808/191831551/Biden-Relays-Obamas-Offer-of-Help-to-Iraqi-Kurds.html

wow they pulled out the protect American's card... next thing we will be told is that ISIL has smuggled chemical weapons from Syria...  and we are looking for WMD... 

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't Bashar al-Assad promise to destroy his WMDs after Kerry gave him a dumb deal?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/09/us-syria-crisis-kerry-idUSBRE9880BV20130909

If you think this conflict is just going to drag the US in Iraq, guess again. Isn't ISIS about both Syria and Iraq? By the time this really goes full throttle, I wouldn't be surprised if the US is involved in multi conflicts throughout the Middle East.

I believe these conflicts are orchestrated by Saudi Arabia but that's just my opinion.

signals said:
Didn't Bashar al-Assad promise to destroy his WMDs after Kerry gave him a dumb deal?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/09/us-syria-crisis-kerry-idUSBRE9880BV20130909

If you think this conflict is just going to drag the US in Iraq, guess again. Isn't ISIS about both Syria and Iraq? By the time this really goes full throttle, I wouldn't be surprised if the US is involved in multi conflicts throughout the Middle East.

I believe these conflicts are orchestrated by Saudi Arabia but that's just my opinion.
not wmd's just chemical weapons

Saudi arabia..yea i dont doubt that.  like i said in a previous post we are still paying the price of mistakes the british made in the 20s...  the british for a long time, had a strategy when they took over a location... they would find a minority someone that was beaten down, give them the power to protect themselves and then give them the power to police the other majorities... it had the wanted affect of pushing loyalty, because if the british left then the minority would go back to being downtrodden

in this case the british empowered the shia which took brutal revenge against the majority sunni...  90 years of the shia and now the sunni are tired of it. 

Saudi Arabia being Sunni, i certainly see them arming their sunni brothers in Iraq, i expect this to spread into another Shia stronghold... Iran...  

Its interesting what 91 years can give you the ottoman empire collapsed in 1923. i know neocons and progressives are scared to death of a caliphate but the only time there was any sort of stability in the region it was under the ottomans... perhaps its time to think about putting the house of osman back in power...  

then again... as i say that, all i can think of is the shah of iran debacle of the 1950s

PHXConx said:
not wmd's just chemical weapons

Saudi arabia..yea i dont doubt that.  like i said in a previous post we are still paying the price of mistakes the british made in the 20s...  the british for a long time, had a strategy when they took over a location... they would find a minority someone that was beaten down, give them the power to protect themselves and then give them the power to police the other majorities... it had the wanted affect of pushing loyalty, because if the british left then the minority would go back to being downtrodden

in this case the british empowered the shia which took brutal revenge against the majority sunni...  90 years of the shia and now the sunni are tired of it. 

Saudi Arabia being Sunni, i certainly see them arming their sunni brothers in Iraq, i expect this to spread into another Shia stronghold... Iran...  

Its interesting what 91 years can give you the ottoman empire collapsed in 1923. i know neocons and progressives are scared to death of a caliphate but the only time there was any sort of stability in the region it was under the ottomans... perhaps its time to think about putting the house of osman back in power...  

then again... as i say that, all i can think of is the shah of iran debacle of the 1950s
Ozzie gets back in the chair again, only this time he got nukes?

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-fg-chuck-hagel-iraq-camp-pendleton-20140813-story.html

The question was asked politely. The answer was swift and unequivocal.
"There will be no boots on the ground in Iraq," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told 200-plus Marines at a question-and-answer session Tuesday.

woops....
http://ktla.com/2014/08/13/officials-u-s-special-forces-land-on-sinjar-mountain-in-iraq/
A small group of U.S. special forces have been on Iraq’s Mount Sinjar carrying out what U.S. officials told CNN on Wednesday was an assessment of the humanitarian crisis where thousands of minority Yazidis are trapped by extremist fighters.
The group spent 24 hours on the mountain trying to determine just how many Yazidis are there and the conditions they face, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The revelation follows news the United States deployed 130 military advisers to get a firsthand look at the humanitarian crisis unfolding as ISIS fighters threaten Iraq’s ethnic and religious minorities: Yazidis, Christians and Kurds.

Latest posts