Annual Fantasy Flight at LGA

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
Earlier today was the USAirways annual Fantasy Flight to the North Pole at LGA. The annual event which got it's LGA start at Eastern and was carried over from their Shuttle days is one of the most rewarding things a US employee can ever volunteer their time to do.

The attached article will explain more and their are also around 20 photos, including a few of the volunteer crew members who particpated.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/...-pole-1.1639240

As if now the plan is try and continue this at the MAT after the slot terminal swap with DL is completed. It really is a wonderful event !

Regards

LGA777

I have a family friend who is a retired EAL "Stewardess", she took part in this event many years ago, and still has very fond memories of it. Merry Christmas

I know everyone that volunteered to work on that day and they get teary-eyed when reminiscing it. It means so much to those who partake in this event. I wish I could have had a part in it.

It remains to be seen what happens next year, because most that particpate (at least flight crews) will not be around next year due to the base closing.

Those of us that were in LGA will work hard to keep this most loving effort alive.

I believe the base closing wont be a huge issue as many of the pilots and flt att's who often volunteer their time will continue to live in the area. There are some photo's and a small article in this weeks About US for those who have access.

Regards

LGA777

Latest posts

Back