Another Afl-cio Sellout!

1583670033.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

This book tells it all. This should be an eye opener for all the afl-cio twu lackeys. If they REALY are the union men they claim to be then they will realize they've been sold out from day one.
I realize it's not the sports pages and it is a little lengthy. I challenge CIO, twuer, Punk Daddy and the rest of the TeAAm TWU goon squad to order a copy.

TWU OUT THE DO' IN OH FO'!

So PDIDDY:

Please answer me this:
How did you feel when the TWU started taking away mechanics' work in 1983 starting with the pushbacks? How about the B scale? How about deicing? How about SRPs? OSMs? You're right, TWU does save jobs, NON MECHANIC JOBS!

This leads me to believe you are not a mechanic. Thank you for clarifying it!

MCI AFL-CIO said:
FACT...........AMFA deserted workers at BRANIFF, while company went into bankruptcy,

Only IBT and IAM showed at the hearing representing mebers of BRANIFF during bankruptcy hearings pertaining to benefits, severence package, Amfa Representatives failed to show
Which was it MCI AFL-CIO, Branif-1 or Branif-2

In the letter from delle:

Thanks to our legal support, AMFA immediately distributed the bankruptcy pay forms to collect money owed to them. We also distributed the insurance COBRA forms to our members. We had those forms filled out within three days and presented them to the bankruptcy court. It took about 18 to 22 months to collect their money but we got what Braniff 2 owed them which amounted to two weeks pay and vacation time. At the court we worked with the MEC representing the ALPA-Braniff 2 pilots. Incidentally, the IBT represented the ramp and ticket employees and it took them six months to send their forms in to the bankruptcy court. We did not see any of the IBT officers at the court.

Braniff 2

MAC your "Facts" don't seem to change with truths!!! Why would the IAM be there anyway. They were kicked out by the membership in favor of AMFA. Maybe you need to rethink your "facts" just a weeebit!!!

Please explain the B-scale. Was it not brought to the membership with a negative go ahead from the TWU? Was it not a strike item? Was it not passed by 83% of the membership? Did not AA almost double in size with it's ability to purchase/lease more a/c?

TWU saved more than just OSM's. Thanks to the TWU MCIE and AFW are still in operation. The concessions sucked, not an issue. However the TWU ,through the concessionary package, saved over 3800 jobs. The TWU showed backbone, presenting the package to us knowing the negative response that was due.

You review the majority of the posts here, almost all anti-TWU posts contain mainly the concessionary package. So, without it, had everything in our lives ran smoothly meaning no concessions, then 80% of the anti-TWU sentiment would go away.

AMFA promotes "no concessions". Is this until they give some? And they will, the unions have had to rethink and redo their bargaining to have a company in place to work at. AMFA will also, Delle may promise not but just hang on, after the mishandling at NWA and Horizon they will be changing their format. I personally do not want them to change my profession. NWA has lost 45% of it's workforce, but not of it's operation, what's this mean? OUTSOURCING thanks to AMFA.

Seguro said:
Thanks to the TWU MCIE and AFW are still in operation. The concessions sucked, not an issue. However the TWU ,through the concessionary package, saved over 3800 jobs.
Please point out the language that guarantees any base to remain open. Last I checked we gave up 1.8 billion in April and than had to stand by and pray the bases remained open while the company extorted money from the communities in October. Am I missing something here, please tell me it didn't happen this way.

Seguro said:
Please explain the B-scale. Was it not brought to the membership with a negative go ahead from the TWU? Was it not a strike item? Was it not passed by 83% of the membership? Did not AA almost double in size with it's ability to purchase/lease more a/c?

TWU saved more than just OSM's. Thanks to the TWU MCIE and AFW are still in operation. The concessions sucked, not an issue. However the TWU ,through the concessionary package, saved over 3800 jobs. The TWU showed backbone, presenting the package to us knowing the negative response that was due.

You review the majority of the posts here, almost all anti-TWU posts contain mainly the concessionary package. So, without it, had everything in our lives ran smoothly meaning no concessions, then 80% of the anti-TWU sentiment would go away.

AMFA promotes "no concessions". Is this until they give some? And they will, the unions have had to rethink and redo their bargaining to have a company in place to work at. AMFA will also, Delle may promise not but just hang on, after the mishandling at NWA and Horizon they will be changing their format. I personally do not want them to change my profession. NWA has lost 45% of it's workforce, but not of it's operation, what's this mean? OUTSOURCING thanks to AMFA.
Only a few Locals spoke against the 1983 contract. Local 501 out of NY was one of them. The International, from what we have been told by Nick Massi, who was the 501 President at the time, was in favor of the deal. I dont know who is feeding you this disinformation. Call Nick at 718 978-5590. He was there.

I believe that AA has tripled in size since 1983. This tripling in size was not through job creation but transfer as the industry consolidated, overall industry employment for A&P mechanics grew at a slower rate than all other factors. AA had a competative advantage over other carriers thanks to our lower labor costs. To say that we are better off is like saying that Walmart workers, who once were employed by many other companies, at higher wages, that were put out of business by Walmart, are better off all working for a larger company with smaller paychecks.

The TWU did not save any jobs. In fact some of the concessions directly cut jobs such as the elimination of one week of vacation from every worker. This allowed the company to maintain its capacity with less workers. Backbone? I guess you admit that they turned their backs to us! You wait and see. When AA decides they want to show a profit these same unaccountable leaders will blame the membership for accepting the contract.

Ken MacTiernan said:
FACT= A whole lot more hungry furloughed amfa boys and girls on the street due to amfa's bargaining ability...

FACT: NWA AMTs on lay off will be recalled to FULL pay and benefits.
FACT: AA AMTs on lay off will be recalled to LESS pay and benefits.
FACT: twu international officers are afraid to stand up in front of their members and answer for their actions.
FACT: twu/teamtwu members prefer to attack AMFA instead of list reasons why the twu is a good union that promotes and protects AMTs.
You were off the mark on this one Ken.

So...how about this for a comparison:

1. Democracy
2. Job Protection
3. AFL-CIO Affiliation/ or political affiliation, whichever you prefer.
4. Outsourcing, which ties with job protection.
5. Numbers furloughed, a true comparison desired.
6. Those furloughed, the ability to return.

How about comparing these...?

Seguro said:

No it was not brought back with a NO. The International wanted it passed according to Nick Massi who was there at the negotiations.

I dont know who is telling you otherwise but more than likely they were not even there. Dont believe me then call Local 562 and ask Nick yourself. You can get the phone number off the Website.

Yess AA was able to grow using the same strategy as WALMART. Undercut everyone else through lower labor costs. Is that the strategy that you want your union promoting?

If they had backbone then they would have joined us in the concessions. Instead we lost additional benifits so that they could keep the Presidents and other officers on company paid UB and maintain their dues flow.

"You review the majority of the posts here, almost all anti-TWU posts contain mainly the concessionary package. So, without it, had everything in our lives ran smoothly meaning no concessions, then 80% of the anti-TWU sentiment would go away."

Perhaps but when the chips are down is when a union is supposed to prove its worth. Our union simply rolled over and gave the company everything it wanted. If you cant count on your union to fight when times are bad, which is when the fight is most likely to happen, then you really dont have a "union" you can count on at all.

Concessions is one thing, what we had was a complete surrender. The company got every penny that they demanded. AA was outsourcing over 40% of its work before AMFA even came on the scene. Our contract has a letter in it concerning the company's right to outsource that was written by CR Smith before most of our coworkers were even born. The fact is that outsourcing has been around for a long time, longer than AMFA and as long as we have had the TWU yet somehow you blame outsourcing on AMFA. Your case is extremely weak.

PDiddyQuill said:
Whoa...hold da phone...did someone state that NWA mech's will return with full benefits and pay? Is this figured on the strength of the yen? They need to realize that even though their membership diminished...their productivity and paircraft did not...why?...THANK YOU SINGAPORE!...THANK YOU AMFA!
We have a mechanic here at JFK who worked for Branniff II. She wants AMFA. So I dont know where yoiu are coming up with these lies.

By the way did you look at the graph of AA mechanics pay vs the CPI? How come you did not dispute that?

It could be because I still have the E-mails where Jim Little acknowledged that the graph was an accurate reflection of the TWUs performance.

Ohhhhhh Mylanta....St. Paddy's Day is a coming quickly....HAHAHA...the cards expiring are amassing..HAHAHA...the fever grows.....dear delle..can ya make the good guys disappear?...HAHAHA....dear Davey...quickly tell me how you are my savior....dear Davey..tell me amfa make it all beter...c'mon Davey...scratch mah itch...pretty please...HAHAHA