Another airline might up the ante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:up: :up: :up: :up:
NHBB....YIKES... :down: :down: :down: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NHBB, if you are an NWA guy......you gotta be dreaming that this would be a good thing for us.
No disrespect meant.
If this does play out.......NWA will be sold off in tiny parts and the employees treated as trash to be thrown out as the TWA guys were. No disrespect to the AA guys but they will staple our rumps to the bottom so fast it would make your head spin. There is no fair with AA. Only, we will buy you and take your flying and your women and your dog.
I hope this is FAR from happening.

NHBB....YIKES... :down: :down: :down: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NHBB, if you are an NWA guy......you gotta be dreaming that this would be a good thing for us.
No disrespect meant.

NWA400--

NHBB is an AA retiree...

There was an NWA pilot deadheading through my city yesterday. Apparently, he was an ALPA rep at a meeting yesterday with the co. regarding all of the meregr talks; have you guys received any info about this?

NWA400--

NHBB is an AA retiree...

An AA retiree who, if I remember right, has a son who works for NW.

nwa400 said:
If this does play out.......NWA will be sold off in tiny parts and the employees treated as trash to be thrown out as the TWA guys were. No disrespect to the AA guys but they will staple our rumps to the bottom so fast it would make your head spin. There is no fair with AA. Only, we will buy you and take your flying and your women and your dog.

Things didn't work out so well for the TWA employees, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the deal involved 20,000 good people whose airline was running out of cash and had no options on January 10, 2001. They would have been out of work later that week if AA hadn't loaned TWA hundreds of millions of dollars to keep TWA operating. Let's also not forget that the deal closed only several months before the horrible tragedy of early September of that year. Most legacy airlines furloughed thousands of good people in the wake of that horror - it's not like AA planned any of that. Osama bin Laden was responsible not only for taking the lives of nearly 3,000 people but is also responsible for killing the careers of many good airline employees. Not just at AA/TWA, but at many of the other legacies. Blaming people at AA for the fallout from that horror strikes me as a little insensitive. Others will no doubt disagree.

Let's review some of AA's other airline purchases.

Did AA let go of all the RenoAir employees after that acquisition?

How about the employees of Eastern who were hired as Eastern was failing in 1990?

How about the Air Cal employees after the 1986 acquisition?

Were all those employees screwed by the evil AA or the "evil" AA unions?

I can certainly see the differences in the circumstances - AA had no need to furlough 20,000 employees just several months after those purchases and the industry didn't enter any revenue tailspins after those acquisitions. What was different about TWA? The horror that was outside of AA's control later that year.

Things didn't work out so well for the TWA employees, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the deal involved 20,000 good people whose airline was running out of cash and had no options on January 10, 2001. They would have been out of work later that week if AA hadn't loaned TWA hundreds of millions of dollars to keep TWA operating. Let's also not forget that the deal closed only several months before the horrible tragedy of early September of that year. Most legacy airlines furloughed thousands of good people in the wake of that horror - it's not like AA planned any of that. Osama bin Laden was responsible not only for taking the lives of nearly 3,000 people but is also responsible for killing the careers of many good airline employees. Not just at AA/TWA, but at many of the other legacies. Blaming people at AA for the fallout from that horror strikes me as a little insensitive. Others will no doubt disagree.

How about the employees of Eastern who were hired as Eastern was failing in 1990?

I can certainly see the differences in the circumstances - AA had no need to furlough 20,000 employees just several months after those purchases and the industry didn't enter any revenue tailspins after those acquisitions. What was different about TWA? The horror that was outside of AA's control later that year.

Don't put the Eastern guys into the mix, they were hired off the street at $6.75/hr. (ramp), working 20 hours/week starting in the summer of 89'.

I respectfully disagree. Maybe you should go and ask some TWA pilots how they were treated. I wont even start to argue these points because there are too many. If you believe that AA will merge in the NWA guys in a fair way.....you are dreaming. If you will look at my post I said, "No disrespect to the AA employees", and it is the union heads and the company heads at the top of the food chain that make these decisions. I have MANY AA friends but KNOW FOR SURE that if AA buys NWA they will clean house. It is not a fair world.
Dont blame 9/11 for a TWA captain being put on the street. He was stapled to the bottom by someone .....it was not 9/11.
I still give the AA buy out of NWA a big :down: :down:

NWA400--

NHBB is an AA retiree...

There was an NWA pilot deadheading through my city yesterday. Apparently, he was an ALPA rep at a meeting yesterday with the co. regarding all of the meregr talks; have you guys received any info about this?

Yep, rumors are rampant. But, we do know that our MEC and DAL's MEC and both company teams are in NewYork full time and MSP is getting calls about contract issues. So, maybe it is as many are saying..."Working on a complete package so that when they come out of NY all they have to do is present the tidy little package to the US GOV."
I hope level heads prevail. Starting miles apart is insanity but normal for seniority lists.
Got my fingers crossed!
:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.