Another Gate Fight at DIA?

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
I doubt it but it appears that both SWA and UAL wants the additional 16 new gates when the new concourse is done. SWA states they want them all? I don't see that happening, but it might get a little interesting how they are handed out. Maybe Frontier wants one or some.
United has also stated they want to further grow in Denver just like SWA does so it will be interesting going forward into the new concourse. Another thought is, maybe the decisions will come down to how soon or quickly each airline can deliver new services and with SWA having the Max still grounded (although I would expect that to be cleared up hopefully before end of year, maybe in August). I just don't see SWA being able to react as quickly as United if the Max's stay grounded.
SWA may have to look at other models or a different a/c to replace the Max's sooner.

United lays out plans for continued growth at Denver airport

I doubt it but it appears that both SWA and UAL wants the additional 16 new gates when the new concourse is done. SWA states they want them all? I don't see that happening, but it might get a little interesting how they are handed out. Maybe Frontier wants one or some.
United has also stated they want to further grow in Denver just like SWA does so it will be interesting going forward into the new concourse. Another thought is, maybe the decisions will come down to how soon or quickly each airline can deliver new services and with SWA having the Max still grounded (although I would expect that to be cleared up hopefully before end of year, maybe in August). I just don't see SWA being able to react as quickly as United if the Max's stay grounded.
SWA may have to look at other models or a different a/c to replace the Max's sooner.

United lays out plans for continued growth at Denver airport
Well that would certainly explain the new hangar in DIA. At least United won't be squatters like Delta at Luv!

Well that would certainly explain the new hangar in DIA. At least United won't be squatters like Delta at Luv!
That gives me a great idea. Maybe SWA should squat at Denver on all the new gates and claim hey, if Delta can do it in Dallas, why can't we do it in Denver? LOL. Now that would be funny.