Another LAX T3 movie shot

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Some time ago (quite a while actually), I started a thread about all the movies and TV shows shot at Terminal Three in LAX.
http://airlineforums.com/topic/26006-lax-terminal-3-twa-and-the-movies/

Inspired by the recent passing of Peter Falk, I Netflixed some "Columbo" episodes. The first one had a brief location shoot at T3, the second "Ransom for a Dead Man" had a long scene with Starstream 747s in the background. Pretty cool! Also cool: the tab for a cocktail and a roorbeer in the Host bar was just $1.60! (before tip)! Ah, those were the days.

Anyone else have a T3 sighting in a movie or TV show?

'Sunday in New York', starring cliff Robertson, Rod Taylor, Jane Fonda, and TWA will be on Turner Classics on 22 July at 1600 EDT. Don't miss it --- set your DVR/VCR!

keep a lookout for the shot where the LAX theme building shows up at "Idlewild".

Pretty cool! Also cool: the tab for a cocktail and a roorbeer in the Host bar was just $1.60! (before tip)! Ah, those were the days.

Most of the time we all romanticize the 'cheap' cost of thing in the old days without thinking of the actual purchasing power of a dollar back then. If the 1971 filming date is accurate, the actual value of the $1.60 tab today would equal about $9.20 today. Add in the hidden costs of today's California taxes, fees, regulations, ect, and the tab is pretty close to the same as today.

Another fun one to figure is "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby in the train sequence near the beginning. They are traveling from MIA-NY, (forgot if they mentioned something about flying), the low ball tickets they bought one way, dining car seating onl,y was something like $900 one way in today's dollars.

Another good one is the original "Airport" movie. Loudmouth guy in coach complains about something inflight, claims he isn't getting much service for his ticket to Rome "these days". I forgot the number, but it was in the $$$thousands.

Funny stuff

Latest posts