Another new modification to higher non- ref fares re:use it or lose it........

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Today, pricing revised the use it or lose policy on the higher non ref fares..like the 10 day or 21 day adv no sat stay ones Ive heard about here..from memory they can run from 600 to 1800 or so RT(like a be101mns or be211mn).. but were classified in the same lump as the real cheap fares for changes by trvl time..now you can FLOAT these as before up to a year with 100 chg fee as it was b4...

Thank you Realitycheck for that update.....

Makes me feel a little better.....I don't mind
the 200.00 dollar fares being wiped out....

It will make my reissue calls a little easier!!

[P][BR]Another point clairified was the time limit of when you have to rebook before losing the ticket..of course from the beginning it was very clear if you were leaving immediately, say today or tommorow or real soon , you have to rebook and pay for any itnry to salvage the ticket ......what was not clear is if you cancelled well in advance, say weeks, months, say for some reason you were transferred to another city to work so vacation is now OFF or someone is long term sick so you know you cant take that Holiday trip next month, well what many people thought at first, and this was WRONG, is that when you cancel the res,you have to make up your mind right then and there when and where you want to go, even if your trip was well in the future..BUT this is not true..what we do is retrieve the original etkt or PNR which both should be easy to do since pnr is retrievable up to intended date of travel and etkt is also for a year or so..and if we see intended travel date has not passed, than ok to reuse it.I know several people were not aware of this..if it were not like this, than customers wouldnt cancel their res and free up the seats until days or weeks or closer to intended travel which they know they're cxling, until they were sure of plans,,this is risky for them because of FARES uncertainty, but also ties up US selling their cancelled seats if they hold onto them.[BR][BR][BR][BR]Something that is not clear yet is if a resvtion underwent an invol sked change, and original tkt was issued pre-27AUG, and has now to be reissued , thus reflecting a new date,so ticket is now issued showing post 27AUG, is that customer able to use the old rule of flaoting it for a year or not if they cancel?AH HAH!! no one thought of this yet..Shd we penalize the passgr for OUR sked chg and OUR requirement to reissue tht ticket post 27AUG??..so now it will be tedious but necessary to scrutinize each and every potential reissue ticket to the letter, even PAPER ones, by PNR, to see if a sched chg was involved. Not easier by any means.But no mandate has come down yet on this situation.[/P]
[P]How the frig are we supposed to remember all this,dates of effective policy, times, fare basis for use it or lose it versus not use it or lose it.......and more?And they want to pay us poor man's wages to do this job? I don't think so>>>>>.[/P]

Will the passenger ever understand all this stuff...don't they,upper mgmt, realize this is what frustrates pax the most...It will drive them to the competition...rules need to be consistant and easy to understand.

[blockquote]----------------
On 9/12/2002 3:36:29 AM Res wrote:

Will the passenger ever understand all this stuff...don't they,upper mgmt, realize this is what frustrates pax the most...It will drive them to the competition...rules need to be consistant and easy to understand.
----------------[/blockquote]

Bingo!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/12/2002 2:15:47 AM RealityCheck wrote:

Something that is not clear yet is if a resvtion underwent an invol sked change, and original tkt was issued pre-27AUG, and has now to be reissued , thus reflecting a new date,so ticket is now issued showing post 27AUG, is that customer able to use the old rule of flaoting it for a year or not if they cancel?AH HAH!! no one thought of this yet..Shd we penalize the passgr for OUR sked chg and OUR requirement to reissue tht ticket post 27AUG??..so now it will be tedious but necessary to scrutinize each and every potential reissue ticket to the letter, even PAPER ones, by PNR, to see if a sched chg was involved. Not easier by any means.But no mandate has come down yet on this situation.[/P]

----------------
[/blockquote]

An Invol. reissue will still have the original VCR there. Display it and it'll tell you all you want to know. Issue date, restrictions, etc.

Any voluntary reissue after 8/27 will carry the new rules. No standby is still in effect for any ticket issued after 8/27 until Jan 1, 2003 when it'll cost $100.00 to go standby.

Tedious? *VCR, *VCR1. Scrutinize? A few seconds to look at the paper ticket, then look at the history of the PNR?

Don't know what job funtion you work, but I believe this is what you are paid to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong.