Another Way Of Doing Business

Many employees at CAL today dont even know who Frank was(is)!Trust me, for the 10 -15% of us who were her pre-83, we know who the opportunists are, buts whats even sadder is that the "new" mgmt team seems to be using Franks old playbook.Gordon was like Phil Jackson coaching the Bulls with Michael Jordan, or Shaq And Kobe. When the shlit hit the fan, their true colors showed.

Vikedog64 said:
I agree. I see Dal and NWA because of little overlap and Skyteam. As for the rest, to me Amr is probably big enough to stand on it's own. Any vision on where CAL fits into this?
[post="256784"][/post]​

Dal and NW is one possibility. I think Dal and CO is another. One reason is because they have talked in the past. Another reason is because Dal just left DFW and has a void in that part of the country which IAH could fill. CO is weak in the West and Dal's SLC hub can remedy that. Another reason is because of CO's success in EWR. They have a brand new terminal there which is better than Dal's terminal at JFK. They also fly to numerous destinations (mostly transatlantic and still adding to Europe). Dal acquired Pan Am's terminals at JFK along with the transatlantic routes. They dropped a lot of the routes and the terminals (from what I have read on other websites) are old and in bad shape. Delta was going to build a brand new state of the art terminal at JFK but was cancelled after 9/11. Then they were going to spend $200-$300 million to give the old terminals a face lift. But now it appears that they can't even afford to do that. So it might be better to close JFK and move everything to the brand new terminal at EWR. Of course, ATL would be Dal's greatest contribution to a potential combination between the two and CO Micronesia would fit in well also. The only other overlap would be with CLE and CVG, one would probably be closed. But this is all just speculation. We will have to wait and see what happens. We could just have outright failures.

Im betting on Co and DAL to tie the knot.About 4 or 5 yrs ago we were real close to doing it but Gordo claimed that DAL was going to either have CAL stapled to the bottom or furlough 5,ooo of us so he called it off. Me thinks it was because he wasnt gonna be the Big Kahuna, Mullin was. I think Gordo may make a comeback to the industry later this year.