Any stations LOST overnight cabin service yet (RON) ???

----------------
On 5/7/2003 2:51:08 PM DFWFSC wrote:

How''s AA going to hold the vendor accountable?? Change companies every 6 months?? Charge them half price and let the planes fly dirty??

----------------​

How will we hold them accountable? By not paying for work that isn''t done as contracted for. That''s the best form of accountability. If you don''t do the work, you don''t get paid. Simple. And unlike coming to work for AA.

----------------

It doesn''t matter what company has the contract, they will rehire the same non-english speaking folks.

----------------​

I wasn''t aware that changing upholstery and rugs, wiping down sidewalls and traytables, etc. required someone to be able to speak English. If that''s the case, how is it that some of the best overnight cleanings are performed in Latin America?

We''ve been outsourcing periodics (now ultracleans) for decades in the Caribbean and Latin America, and the quality was so good that we routed as many aircraft thru those cities as possible. There was little doubt that it would be done correctly the first time.

----------------

It''s easy to contract out one or two RON''s at a small station, but it just won''t work at a major hub.

----------------​

It won''t work at a major hub??? CO has their vendor doing 40+ aircraft a night at IAH. And I''m sure they have a lot of non-English speaking people as well, being that they''re also in Texas.

If anyone is interested in just how well Globe does with NON-ENGLISH speaking workers, just paste amd click here:

http://www.globeground.de/en/pub/jobs/jobf...globeground.com

Click on Companies, and read ( more countries than we (AA) serve ).

Scary, isn't it? DAL has a contract cleaner at JFK,
Servisair that does all the A/C cleaning, turns and layovers.

Can this happen to us? First, Cabin then the Ramp?

----------------
On 5/8/2003 4:18:49 PM eolesen wrote:

----------------
On 5/8/2003 3:45:54 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

We should have told them to "choke" on their BK threat, and met them at the Court House.

----------------​

I can''t believe that there are people who still think they''d be better off dealing with a judge than to work under the revised contracts...

----------------​
They must not have seen UAL''s first quarter charge of $248 million for "Reorganization Items" or they have no idea where that $248 million is coming from . . .

Anybody still wonder why AA said that Ch 11 would cause another half billion dollars in concessions?

Maybe to pay for the inevitable "Reorganization Items"??

----------------
On 5/8/2003 12:01:24 PM AAquila wrote:

If anyone is interested in just how well Globe does with NON-ENGLISH speaking workers, just paste amd click here:

http://www.globeground.de/en/pub/jobs/jobf...globeground.com

Click on Companies, and read ( more countries than we (AA) serve ).

Scary, isn''t it? DAL has a contract cleaner at JFK,
Servisair that does all the A/C cleaning, turns and layovers.

Can this happen to us? First, Cabin then the Ramp?

----------------​

AAquila;

"Can this happen to us? First Cabin, then the Ramp?"
Answer: ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AAquila,
Your as "savvy" as any of the regulars, on this board.
But let me run this question by you.

What''s the difference between Company "kool aid" drinkers, and "make believe Union" kool aid drinkers ??????????

Answer;
NOT A "GD" THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the TWU is concerned, we can''t blame them for the first(AND ONLY) vote. (yes I''m aware that a few thousand people did''nt get ballots, or did''nt vote)
But bottom line, the majority of our "so called" union brothers, gave those CLOWNS(in centerport) a YES vote.
Slowly but surely, the details are hitting home.

16% wage reduction
Loss of (ron) cabins
Vacation givebacks
(the list goes on, and on)
"AND"
there is still NO guarentee that these BAST*RD''s won''t go BK-11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark my words,
I will have the oppertunity(on this board) to say
"I told you so" !!!!!!!! (when I say "you", I''m not specifically refering to you, AAquila)

We should have told them to "choke" on their BK threat, and met them at the Court House.

Like everything else at AA,
Time will tell.

NH/BB''s

----------------

----------------​

I can''t believe that there are people who still think they''d be better off dealing with a judge than to work under the revised contracts...

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​

Eric;
File this under "our" mutual pact of "we agree to disagree"!

One of the things I''m saying is that I may become EXTREMELY VOCAL on this board, "IF"(and I realize IF is the "biggest little word" in the dictionary) AA files for BK-11, AFTER "porking" a ton of employees for concessions!!!
Should that "come to pass", what person in their right mind would THEN think that a YES vote was the way to go??

NH/BB''s

Ps. One other thing. I''m amazed that no one on this board picked up on AA''s changing retiree qualifications(IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT) on 3/26/03.

"Ahh" Eric, betcha'' surprised I "dug that up", Huh ??????

----------------
On 5/8/2003 10:06:39 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​

Eric;

One of the things I''m saying is that I may become EXTREMELY VOCAL on this board, "IF"(and I realize IF is the "biggest little word" in the dictionary) AA files for BK-11, AFTER "porking" a ton of employees for concessions!!!
Should that "come to pass", what person in their right mind would THEN think that a YES vote was the way to go??

NH/BB''s

Ps. One other thing. I''m amazed that no one on this board picked up on AA''s changing retiree qualifications(IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT) on 3/26/03.

----------------​

NHBB: I voted yes and I would do it again tomorrow. You act like you have some god given right to say how the rest of us should have voted and then you slam those of us that didn''t follow.
I''ve got a brain and I know how to read. You can flap your arms about this contract all you want but if you are truly THAT upset then maybe you should think about a career change. It must be very miserable going to work each day earning a measly wage and no bennies. Of course in BK you would have even less but then again you don''t believe that because I suppose you think that ole judge will watch out for the employees.
You have a right to vote how you want and believe what you want but that doesn''t give you any right to call the rest of us names.
BTW, if AA does eventually files BK then go ahead and do the "I told you so". It won''t mean anything as there were never any guarantees. I knew that going in to this vote.
Sorry moderator for getting off topic.

----------------
On 5/9/2003 4:16:51 AM rampguy wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​

Eric;

NH/BB''s

----------------​

NHBB: I voted yes and I would do it again tomorrow. You act like you have some god given right to say how the rest of us should have voted and then you slam those of us that didn''t follow.
I''ve got a brain and I know how to read. You can flap your arms about this contract all you want but if you are truly THAT upset then maybe you should think about a career change. It must be very miserable going to work each day earning a measly wage and no bennies. Of course in BK you would have even less but then again you don''t believe that because I suppose you think that ole judge will watch out for the employees.
You have a right to vote how you want and believe what you want but that doesn''t give you any right to call the rest of us names.
BTW, if AA does eventually files BK then go ahead and do the "I told you so". It won''t mean anything as there were never any guarantees. I knew that going in to this vote.
Sorry moderator for getting off topic.

----------------​

Rampguy,
If what I''m about to post is incorrect, than please accept my apology, and kindly disregard it.

If I remember correct, you were a former LLCer.
Believe it or not, if in fact you were, than the only way you would stay working is by a yes vote.
I''ve demonstated on this(and other boards) that I''ve always had compassion for former TWAers.

NH/BB''s

----------------

----------------​

No, thanks. I''ll file it under "you can''t fix stupid" instead.

We''ve been spiraling towards the ground for the past 18 months, and now that we''ve started to level off a bit, people are bitching because they can''t get a drink refill...

Amazing. Y''all remind me of the people who sue McDonald''s because they spilled fresh coffee on themself, and were "shocked" to find out it was hot.

Only half right. I was TWA. The rest of your post is false. In fact, I am being laid off and will now transfer to STL. Your insinuation that only a yes vote keeps my job is nothing but speculation on your part and I personally felt that I end up in STL either way.
Sorry, but I DID think about all the ramifications and I knew I would lose my job here in Tulsa either way.

----------------
On 5/9/2003 10:31:22 AM eolesen wrote:

----------------

----------------​

No, thanks. I''ll file it under "you can''t fix stupid" instead.

We''ve been spiraling towards the ground for the past 18 months, and now that we''ve started to level off a bit, people are bitching because they can''t get a drink refill...

Amazing. Y''all remind me of the people who sue McDonald''s because they spilled fresh coffee on themself, and were "shocked" to find out it was hot.

----------------​

Eric;
Am I reading this "right" ??
That you and I have resorted to calling one or the other "STUPID" ?????????????????????????

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 5/10/2003 11:46:33 PM eolesen wrote:

Bears, with all due respect, anyone who thinks declaring bankruptcy is a better option than not declaring bankruptcy can only be described as such.

----------------​

While I agree with you that Bear''s position is foolish, I don''t believe for a second that he is either a fool, or stupid. He is quite wise about a great many things. However, he believes that he would have gotten a better deal in BK than what the union negotiated. Unfortunately, there is no way you can change his mind, no matter how much information to the contrary that you provide.

At this point, it is moot. The contract is in, and yelling bright, clever things at each other is wasting energy that can be better put towards supporting this airline. Can''t we all agree to disagree???

Hang in there, everybody!!!!!!!

TANSTAAFL

----------------
On 5/11/2003 1:18:09 AM WXGuesser wrote:

----------------

Bears, with all due respect, anyone who thinks declaring bankruptcy is a better option than not declaring bankruptcy can only be described as such.

----------------​

While I agree with you that Bear''s position is foolish, I don''t believe for a second that he is either a fool, or stupid. He is quite wise about a great many things. However, he believes that he would have gotten a better deal in BK than what the union negotiated. Unfortunately, there is no way you can change his mind, no matter how much information to the contrary that you provide.

At this point, it is moot. The contract is in, and yelling bright, clever things at each other is wasting energy that can be better put towards supporting this airline. Can''t we all agree to disagree???

TANSTAAFL

----------------​

Thanx WXGuesser !
I REALLY thought that I would have received "somewhat" better treatment from eoleson. I''m about to tell him so, in the following post.

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 5/11/2003 9:40:12 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

----------------
On 5/11/2003 1:18:09 AM WXGuesser wrote:

----------------

----------------​

TANSTAAFL

----------------​

Thanx WXGuesser !
I REALLY thought that I would have received "somewhat" better treatment from eoleson. I''m about to tell him so, in the following post.

NH/BB''s

----------------​

eoleson;

ERIC, IMHO, your reply "crossed the line" in the context of "agreeing to disagree" !!

I don''t recall, that I have EVER crossed "that" line with you.

And, for what''s it''s worth, I don''t intend to start now.

Regards,
NH/BB''s