Apartment Fire in Euless

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Just heard from a friend in DFW... The Villas at Bear Creek (Harwood between Main and Fuller-Wiser) went up in flames...

I used to live in one of the apartment complex just down the street, and all these places were typically full of airline employees given its proximity to the airport, HDQ & the SRO.

The FTW news is reporting that all but perhaps two of the sixteen units are a total loss. Ironically, a fire at a complex just across the street from the one that burned down tonight (Hunt Club) is what convinced me to get renters insurance...

Keep those folks in your thoughts....
367-euless.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Four-alarm fire engulfs 16-unit apartment building
By MELISSA VARGAS
[email protected]

EULESS -- Dozens of people sat in a cloud of smoke watching for more than two hours Friday as a four-alarm fire destroyed an apartment building.

Firefighters responded to a call just after 8 p.m. at the Bear Creek Villas Apartments, 500 E. Harwood Drive.

Smoke was coming out of the roof of a 16-unit, two story building, but firefighters had a hard time finding the source of the fire, which might have started in an attic.

Firefighters from at least seven different departments (not cities) battled the blaze, which was extinguished at about 10:15 p.m.

One Euless firefighter suffered minor injuries; no other injuries had been reported late Friday. Officials did not know how many people were displaced.

One Meadowview Drive home was evacuated because burning embers were blowing onto the building, resident Stacie Montgomery said.

Another Euless resident, Jason Raupp, said onlookers could hear the floors crumbling and the windows bursting as the fire raged.

Just heard from a friend in DFW... The Villas at Bear Creek (Harwood between Main and Fuller-Wiser) went up in flames...

I used to live in one of the apartment complex just down the street, and all these places were typically full of airline employees given its proximity to the airport, HDQ & the SRO.

The FTW news is reporting that all but perhaps two of the sixteen units are a total loss. Ironically, a fire at a complex just across the street from the one that burned down tonight (Hunt Club) is what convinced me to get renters insurance...

Keep those folks in your thoughts....
367-euless.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

That explains the smoke cloud I saw a couple hours ago.

That explains the smoke cloud I saw a couple hours ago.

Wow, I remember that complex! My thoughts and prayers are with those who were affected by the fire.

By the way, I lived in a large complex over in Irving. I remember waking up to a live morning news report that there was a fire in my complex (opposite end so I didn't hear the fire engines). That was pretty startling, but I did have renters insurance.

Latest posts

Back