Are we doing enough to keep our aircraft clean?

I would find it hard to believe that AA's (originating)International 777's are not properly cleaned in F + C.
NH/BB's

Well Bear, at JFK where the heavy international traffic occurs, they can't get it right. The F/C area where the big bucks $$$ are paid, little is done any different than main cabin. I have yet to see a tray top in F/C, not because I don't want to clean them but, at JFK these are treated as turns, not lay-overs. Incidentally, lay-overs are contracted out to a third party. Contractually speaking, the contractor could possibly contest AA employees cleaning lay-overs. Imagine that? Thanks to the TWU. So the passenger who pays the most, suffers equally. That's what I like about American, all passengers are created equal, very patriotic, heh?

Meanwhile, back in the fierce competitive world, known as the Aviation industry. OALs such as Singapore Airlines, have a F/A assigned inflight to freshen up the LAVS in F/C between each passenger use. Fat chance of anything like that at AA. AA's inflight culture most change with the environment, we're trying to become a Global carrier, but we continue to show our AArrogant side. Asian businessmen, ( women ) will only be fooled once into buying on AA.

Barfbag, great job in 4 post all you have done is found excuses as to why you cannot fully do your job and how other work groups should be doing more to make it easier for you.

As a passenger I would NEVER want to have the hands wiping pee off a toilet seat or the floor of a lav, serving me anything. I am sure though if we could hire young subservient women. Tell them there job hangs on a thread, cannot marry, get pregnant and must leave before 30, we could have that too.

With the number of people daily, I suggest they put shoes on over there bare feet or socks before walking in to the lav. I say most people don't seem to mind a wet floor or seat.

F/A Mickey, I know it's difficult to understand that a cleaner is capable to discerning his concerns in writing, sadly there are a few 'lost' cleaners who haven't quite made it in the real world, who hold college degrees. I can appreciate your barbs, as one who's in anguish about their particular situation, or station in life and choose to resort to using this poor forum to express themselves. Alas, the fact is that I'm a cleaner, and happy with my work, I do the best I can in the time AAllotted. F/A are there to 1) maintain safety 2) serve.

Enough said, what I'm concerned about is where the future takes us. If AA does wish to become the US -Asian Aviation link, then it must address these cleaning issues. Yes: Ms. Mickey international passengers generate more trash than do domestic, your previous reply allotted to the wrong assumption. Yet; NRT ( longer flight time ) flight are cleaner than LHR flights. Why?

AA is dealing with different cultures everyday, they cannot assume a cookie cutter approach for all international businessmen/women. These people want service, and a clean seat is only the beginning.

Note : Regarding the pee cleaning by an inflight F/A, the person assigned wears a smock, gloves and doesn't serve food.

F/A Mickey, I know it's difficult to understand that a cleaner is capable to discerning his concerns in writing, sadly there are a few 'lost' cleaners who haven't quite made it in the real world, who hold college degrees. I can appreciate your barbs, as one who's in anguish about their particular situation, or station in life and choose to resort to using this poor forum to express themselves.
I guess its difficult for you to understand, that s FCS is capable putting anything in writing. I have said nothing of the sort. As for using this poor forum, here are some of your own barbs

BARFBAG:
But, are we ( AA ) doing enough? Are F/A's doing their part?

On too many occasions, F/A's will board the aircraft early, with bags in tow, they lounge in the seats and have their lunch or stand in the narrow aisles and talk about their lovers, Captains will hold a briefing in the first class seat area, making cleaning even more futile.

so you must be a " domesticated " F/A

(Finnair fa's VS AA's) No idle chit chat, with over laden bags in the aisles. They're also better groomed and educated

OALs such as Singapore Airlines, have a F/A assigned inflight to freshen up the LAVS in F/C between each passenger use. Fat chance of anything like that at AA
Alas, the fact is that I'm a cleaner, and happy with my work, I do the best I can in the time AAllotted. F/A are there to 1) maintain safety 2) serve.

Enough said, what I'm concerned about is where the future takes us. If AA does wish to become the US -Asian Aviation link, then it must address these cleaning issues. Yes: Ms. Mickey international passengers generate more trash than do domestic, your previous reply allotted to the wrong assumption. Yet; NRT ( longer flight time ) flight are cleaner than LHR flights. Why?
Well Ms Barfbag, since LHR and NRT are both staffed by the same JFK based FA's you tell me one is cleaner than the other.
Note : Regarding the pee cleaning by an inflight F/A, the person assigned wears a smock, gloves and doesn't serve food.
If a passenger wont pay a few dollars more for extra leg room, they are not going to pay more for a inflight toilet cleaner.

Well Ms Barfbag, since LHR and NRT are both staffed by the same JFK based FA's you tell me one is cleaner than the other.

Finally, we're getting somewhere, it's quite obvious it's the kind of passenger, the culture. You and your air associates can see situations occurring in live time, i.e. children ripping up seat pocket material,and discarding said matter on the floor. Or a family with Cheetos and Cheerios, or worse still popcorn, why not hand that family their own personal market bag? Or a businessman who decides to empty out the entire contents on his briefcase into his seatpocket. Or the playwright, or struggling actress who decides to chuck his contracts and scripts on the floor. Why not offer them a bag? The same way you have to single out a non-rev passenger, or have to single out the pig, gently of course. Maybe, you have to improvise and create a PIG alert system, so that your inflight buddies can double-team a certain individual or group. As your group, we have our 'picks' of assignments onboard. Still, when one is complete in their area, they come and help in another. To be fair, I have seen such inflight attempts, and quite successful by AA. The end result, a plane that is dirty, but resembles an attempt the keep some kind of onboard civility.

Just issue a market bag to each passenger as they board. Put a note and say they are pigs and should use this bag for discarded items and not the seat backs. Sign it your friendly cabin service team.

Your market bag solution will really make us stand up over the likes of Singapore and BA.

The company and the job you love so much would be better served by not putting the burden of your job responsibilities on to other work groups and paying passengers.

Just issue a market bag to each passenger as they board. Put a note and say they are pigs and should use this bag for discarded items.

Exactly, Mickey you finally get it.

AA earns hundreds of millions in sales from the marketing magazines, so the fact that there is a pocket there is not coincidental, it's intentional and not for garbage.

When a mother changes a diaper onboard, rolls it up, and places it the seat pocket, all in plain view of a F/A, something is definitely wrong. What oozes out of the diaper on onto those money making magazines? I'll give you two guesses, both are correct. Do you think it right thing to do to the next passenger.

Actually, the FAA originally intended the pocket to be used exclusively for the ditch card.

Over the years the airlines have seen this pocket as a way to sell to their captive audience.

Bags for all, :up: PIGS

Well you know ever since the Kasher decision on TWA seniority, the concessions of 2003, followed by the NMB screwing of the AMFA filing, the so-called Teamster drive, and proposed Independent drive, the planes are just not quite as clean as prior to the union/company lovefest and executive bonuses.

Did I miss anything? :p

What do you think?

I think this fantasy that crews have to stay off the aircraft until cabin circus is done cleaning is hilarious.Must be nice to be in a station with extended ground times, try that "Get off the aircraft" sh!t in LGA or any other station with 35 minute turns and that attitude don't fly.

Chasing crews off the aircraft and failing to provision properly will cost us the dayline cabin service work as well.

Maybe if the cleaners weren't on their cell phones or on the outside of the jetbridge smoking a cigarette then they could get the a/c cleaned and stocked. If the airplanes didnt go to out stations (mainly international destinations) they would never be cleaned. Miami does a horrible job and the reason they don't want us on the planes is because we see them on the phone and watching movies instead of stocking the a/c with supplies and actually cleaning the plane. We asked for coffee the other day and cabin service told us it was too far to walk to get it, so we had to steal it off another a/c next door.

Anyone want to bet daylight cabin service gets given away in 2008?

With dogsh!t performance like that, don't be suprised.

"It's too far to walk".. Remember that when you're humping in the outbound or on the line loading LGA and JFK.

Fleet, on 757, at JFK we can turn a DFW around in 10 minutes, but we're talking International here, where AA wants done as turns after passengers, have barfed, trashed, and feces(ed) their way across the Pacific or Atlantic.

These type of A/C we need either more time, or a hand wherever from inflight. At the MTA they have a saying.if you see something, say something.

We'd like to have the company adopt a similar slogan....if you see something, do something.

Do something about the trash, the PIGS. Don't expect miracles on the ground.

Fleet, your correct we're gone in 08.

Instead of "pissing" all over each other here(cabin service/flight attendants), just realize that the "culprit" here is AA(management) !!

Somewhere in HDQ, this whole cabin service "thing" was HEAVILY discussed, and all scenarios considered !!

The bottom line ??

"This" is just like the on board smoking experience, all over again.(meaning, AA will "go with the flow")

AA will sit back(withholding REAL cabin service) until such time that a clear majority of passengers want a clean cabin, over price. Obviously...PRICE will win out, so in the meantime, it's (staffing)"business as usual, at HDQ.

It's really NOT rocket science.

NH/BB's

Latest posts