Are We Ready?

I flew out of MHT tonight on US. I orignally was on CO throught CLE, but they cancelled the flight. I was to meet a co-worker at CLE to fly to SBN. I ended up on US and only made it to PIT because of de-icing delays at MHT.

US had two cancellations at MHT tonight, both expresses, WN had three cancellations at MHT, and they don't interline. Boy is iut worth flying a "legacy" carrier on days like tonight.

BoeingBoy said:
By the way, CAT III isn't a big factor unless you need it. In 8 years flying CAT III capable a/c (72 & 73-200 before that) I have yet to make a for-real autoland approach.
Point. I guess the point I was really trying to make is that you can have multiple arrival streams into PIT when the viz is down to bupkis, something not possible with PHL. Has PRM solved any of that?

Clue, your point is well taken.

PIT is a hub airport that some claim is in search of a hub city. PHL, on the other hand, is a hub city in search of a hub airport.

PRM has been used (though I haven't personally flown it in "real life"). Unfortunately, it only allows simultaneous approaches to 27L and 26. Runway 27L is normally used only for departures in a west operation, 26 is too short for even the RJ's.

In short, a multimillion dollar solution that solves very little.

Back