Article on Just Plane news

ggiby

Veteran
Jan 22, 2005
Anyone know why this article is on Just Plane news today..???
The Date is 2007 however it has been on this website now for two days... :unsure:

www.justplanenews.com

Delta Price May Be
Burden for US Airways

PHOENIX -- Delta Air Lines certainly would be a huge prize for US Airways, but its proposed $10.3 billion price tag could become a heavy burden on the company's finances.
A Delta jet lands near a Delta hangar in a file photo from Nov. 14, 2006, at the Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International airport in Erlanger, Ky. US Airways Group Inc. raised its offer for Delta Air Lines Inc. by 20 percent to $10.2 billion on Wednesday, as it seeks to put pressure on the bankrupt carrier's creditors to agree to a deal that Delta's management opposes. (AP Photo/Al Behrman, File) US Airways Group Inc., which was forged from the struggling America West Airlines and the bankrupt former US Airways, said Wednesday it will increase its offer for Delta by almost 20 percent and will borrow $5 billion to do it.
Delta, which also is in bankruptcy, would be the biggest purchase ever for the Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier. But it would sink the company's finances, at least at first. [more]

I noticed it too and was excited for a second. I was thinking, "What? We're doing this again"?

I am so over this America West thing, NEXT!!! And that crazy call sign needs to be buried right next to AWA--in the desert.

Back