Asking for orange juice may violate federal law

Well, it's obviously a conspiracy on the part of the passengers to put a stain on an otherwise exemplary career. Everyone knows that AA f/as are like the Virgin Mary--without sin or error.

I would almost bet that this is the same DFW f/a who has been fired twice before for telling F/C passengers to go "F" themselves. Fortunately, the APFA has gotten her job back for her both times. We can't have the company firing people who richly deserve it, now can we?

I think this story is a little too incredible.

It's so incredible, you could make this story into a Country & Western Song.

So I did.

To the tune of the Wabash Cannonball :D

The AA Orange Juice Song

(Link loads midi for some karaoke fun.)

Listen to the story
Of an AA morning flight
When a passenger
And a flight attendant
Had a great big fight

On an early Sunday morning
When the day was bright and new
On a flight from Sacramento
To D-F-W

On AA Flight Six Fourteen
There was this bitter dame
The first class flight attendant
And Helen was her name

This man who was in first class
He got his breakfast tray
And asked the flight attendant
"Can I have some OJ?"

Helen rolled her eyes, now
She thought "This guy a jerk."
"You must be new in first class, dude
"Cause that's not how it works".

He said "You're condescending
Now don't get smart with with me
I'm one of your best customers
'Cause I'm an EXP."

Well, this made Helen madder
She set the poor guy straight
"The authorities will meet you
When we get to the gate."

"I'll ask the other people
If they'll back up my tale
They'll say you interfered with me
And you might go to jail."

So she asked the others
But no one volunteered
She scared the other passengers
They all thought she was weird

They said "We saw the whole thing
We think you've flipped your lid!
And when we land in Dallas
We'll tell them what you did!"

Sometimes when you fly AA
This is what you get get
A bitter flight attendant
On a shiny silver jet

As for crazy Helen
Well, she's still on the loose
So if you ever see her
Don't ask her for orange juice.

LoneStarMike

What has AA said or done about it other than "they're investigating"...?

Ignoring stuff like this is infectuous. Last month, there were some 80,000 Google hits for blogs and tweets over AA being heavy handed in firing an IT contracter who was a little too honest in responding to a customer complaint about AA.Com...

Crap Comm still doesn't realize that they no longer have total control over AMR's image. The power of the web is powerful, and ignoring things like Twitter and blogs are just going to make it worse for them.

As a lot of airlines found out with "United Breaks Guitars", corporations can't waste any time getting their side of the story out when it breaks. Jetblue, Southwest and even Delta seem to get it. Hopefully United learned their lesson.

AMR? Instead of learning from their peers, it would appear they're huddling in their corner of the 5th floor, hoping that the intra-web will turn out to be just another fad, like cell phones...

I would almost bet that this is the same DFW f/a who has been fired twice before for telling F/C passengers to go "F" themselves. Fortunately, the APFA has gotten her job back for her both times. We can't have the company firing people who richly deserve it, now can we?
[/quote]

Amen, Jim. APFA will do nothing for you and me, but the likes of her, along with people who steal, drink, get caught with crystal meth, they'll help them out and keep their jobs. In the meantime, you and I have to worry about if there will be another "involuntary overage leave".

I complained about my dues going to defend people like Helen to Laura Glading, and all I got was the runaround response of, "Well...you don't know if their dues process was violated."
So, does anyone know if this Helen person's due process was violated????

Amen, Jim. APFA will do nothing for you and me, but the likes of her, along with people who steal, drink, get caught with crystal meth, they'll help them out and keep their jobs. In the meantime, you and I have to worry about if there will be another "involuntary overage leave".

I complained about my dues going to defend people like Helen to Laura Glading, and all I got was the runaround response of, "Well...you don't know if their dues process was violated."
So, does anyone know if this Helen person's due process was violated????

I can't believe I'm going to defend the APFA about anything BUT... a union does not have a choice about defending a member. It is their responsibility to preserve jobs, all jobs. They have just forgotten about the people who actually want to work. This is not unlike a defense attorney (or perhaps a public defender) who is required to represent someone even if they know they are guilty.

What has AA said or done about it other than "they're investigating"...?

Ignoring stuff like this is infectuous. Last month, there were some 80,000 Google hits for blogs and tweets over AA being heavy handed in firing an IT contracter who was a little too honest in responding to a customer complaint about AA.Com...

Crap Comm still doesn't realize that they no longer have total control over AMR's image. The power of the web is powerful, and ignoring things like Twitter and blogs are just going to make it worse for them.

As a lot of airlines found out with "United Breaks Guitars", corporations can't waste any time getting their side of the story out when it breaks. Jetblue, Southwest and even Delta seem to get it. Hopefully United learned their lesson.

AMR? Instead of learning from their peers, it would appear they're huddling in their corner of the 5th floor, hoping that the intra-web will turn out to be just another fad, like cell phones...

Why should anyone in Centrepork pay any attention? If this stuff can't be quantified on a balance sheet via FASB or GAAP rules before action is taken, it doesn't exist - right?

Well, it's obviously a conspiracy on the part of the passengers to put a stain on an otherwise exemplary career. Everyone knows that AA f/as are like the Virgin Mary--without sin or error.

I can't wait until the real story unfolds.

If this FA was out of her mind I seriously doubt the pilot would have signed a passenger disturbance report. They just don't tend to do it based on nonsense. I'm sure we'll hear the leaked real story sometime soon. The other FAs and the pilots can never manage to keep their mouths shut.

AA issues apology to affected passengers:

American Airlines has been in communication with those customers who were most directly affected by this incident. During that communication, we have apologized to them and taken other appropriate steps. In addition, we apologize to any customer who was inconvenienced by this situation. As to the flight attendant in question, American has taken specific action related to that employee. Because this is a private personnel matter, we cannot disclose the nature of those actions.

http://cbs13.com/local/orange.juice.incident.2.1374256.html

Sounds like someone went "flight attendant" on the customers.

I can't wait until the real story unfolds.

If this FA was out of her mind I seriously doubt the pilot would have signed a passenger disturbance report. They just don't tend to do it based on nonsense. I'm sure we'll hear the leaked real story sometime soon. The other FAs and the pilots can never manage to keep their mouths shut.

Oh absolutely. Not possible that an AA f/a is anything less than perfect, or that a pilot might take the f/a's word without too much explanation. One may also find out that the f/a issued the PIDR without telling the captain they were going to do it. (I personally have seen this happen before. The f/a was outraged at the end of the flight when the captain told her that he would not sign the PIDR because she did not discuss it with him in flight at the time of the alleged offense. He tried pointing out to her that it was a Federal document, and that there are penalties for falsifying same.)

If the company has already issued apologies to the F/C passengers and admitted to the media that action was being taken against the f/a, then obviously the company is participating in the great passenger conspiracy to destroy this perfectly innocent f/a who was just doing her job. It's so easy to get all the passengers in a cabin to agree to a falsehood. In fact, I bet the company contacted all the passengers in advance of the flight to agree to tell this lie about this poor innocent f/a. :shock:

I just hope that Helen gets the mental health help that she clearly needs, because I sure as hell don't want to be presented with a FIDR if I have the temerity to ask for OJ with my breakfast. For breakfast flights, I usually ask for OJ, coffee and a glass of milk. And if the miniature wine/water glass is on the tray setup, then fill that with water while you're at it.

Well, there you have it. No wonder Helen went over the edge if that passenger was anything like you. OJ, coffee, milk AND water??? It's prima donna's like you that prevent us from getting to our jumpseats and our People magazines within 20 minutes of the end of sterile. How am I supposed to get up to date on Brangelina and work my sudoku if I'm constantly having to see to passenger needs. :angry: :lol: