Asking for orange juice may violate federal law

Well, there you have it. No wonder Helen went over the edge if that passenger was anything like you. OJ, coffee, milk AND water??? It's prima donna's like you that prevent us from getting to our jumpseats and our People magazines within 20 minutes of the end of sterile. How am I supposed to get up to date on Brangelina and work my sudoku if I'm constantly having to see to passenger needs. :angry: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Oh absolutely. Not possible that an AA f/a is anything less than perfect, or that a pilot might take the f/a's word without too much explanation. One may also find out that the f/a issued the PIDR without telling the captain they were going to do it. (I personally have seen this happen before. The f/a was outraged at the end of the flight when the captain told her that he would not sign the PIDR because she did not discuss it with him in flight at the time of the alleged offense. He tried pointing out to her that it was a Federal document, and that there are penalties for falsifying same.)

If the company has already issued apologies to the F/C passengers and admitted to the media that action was being taken against the f/a, then obviously the company is participating in the great passenger conspiracy to destroy this perfectly innocent f/a who was just doing her job. It's so easy to get all the passengers in a cabin to agree to a falsehood. In fact, I bet the company contacted all the passengers in advance of the flight to agree to tell this lie about this poor innocent f/a. :shock:

You've seen someone falsify a disturbance report or give one out without a signature? It doesn't have any meaning if there is no signature and I'm still doubtful anyone would hand one out, or get it signed, over a request for orange juice. If someone is falsifying one or handing one out over a trivial issue they SHOULD be fired.

It's my understanding that all of the passengers reporting this particular story were part of the same travelling group. Possible mileage grifters. But, of course, you like to think the worst about all of your fellow colleagues. Maybe you'd be more happy if anyone seniority 8800 to your number were fired?

American Airlines has a loooong history of apologizing to people who don't deserve it in order to sweep bad media under the rug.

I'm still doubtful anyone would hand one out, or get it signed, over a request for orange juice.

According to the accounts by the passenger and the witnesses, it was his request for OJ that prompted the FA to launch into a tirade about it not being the proper time of her "service" that started the whole argument. She ended tirade #1 by asking "Have you ever even been in first class before?"

When the passenger had the audacity to tell her he thought her question was inappropriate and condescending - that's what caused her to launch into tirade #2 which resulted in the PIDR. It probably didn't help things when she requested that the passenger come to the front for a private conversation with her and he disobeyed her orders. Actually, if you read both accounts, he started to get up, but three other passengers advised him not to because there would be no witnesses to the conversation. I'm surprised the other three passengers weren't issued PIDR's for interfering with the flight attendant as she tried to perform "her duties." :rolleyes:

Clearly these passengers were not following Helen's

Passenger Code of Conduct (link loads midi for you karaoke fans)

My name is Helen
And I am your savior
So on my flight
I expect good behavior
I am in charge here
When you're on my plane
If you don't like it
Then go take the train

Boarding the plane
You must curtsy or bow,
Greet me politely,
But don't talk too loud
Wear your tuxedo
Or fine evening gown
Then find your seat and
Shut up & sit down

Put your seat back up!!
Quit griping and moaning!!
When that door closes
There's no more cell-phoning!!
Call me "Your Highness"
Or "Your Majesty."
You'd better respect my
Au-thor-i-ty!!

Fasten Seatbelts!!
There's No Smoking!!
Stow your luggage please!!
Then fold up your tray
And just do as I say
Or I'll call se-cuuuuu-ri-ty!!

No dirty diapers!!
What are you, insane?
Please take a bath before
You board my plane
Don't take your shoes off
And clip your toenails
No sexist jokes from
You Chauvinist males

During my service
Stay out of my aisle
I'm overworked so
I don't have to smile
I just might serve you
If I'm in the mood
Don't ask for orange juice
'Cause I think it's rude

I am the boss here
And those are my rules
(I'm still pissed off
At our management fools)
Don't try to argue
'Cause I may just flip
I might go off on a
Big power trip!

Are you listenin'?
Straighten up now!
Show a little class!
I might like to frown
But should this plane go down
It's my job to saaaaave - your @ss!!

(all tongue-in-cheek)

It's my understanding that all of the passengers reporting this particular story were part of the same travelling group.

You misunderstood. The man who ordered the OJ was from Sacramento and said he didn't know any of the other people. Two of the witnesses - the couple seated behind him - were from Dallas and the guy is with Kossome Corporate Consulting The other witnesses were part of a women's religious group.
and

You've seen someone falsify a disturbance report or give one out without a signature? It doesn't have any meaning if there is no signature and I'm still doubtful anyone would hand one out, or get it signed, over a request for orange juice. If someone is falsifying one or handing one out over a trivial issue they SHOULD be fired.

It's my understanding that all of the passengers reporting this particular story were part of the same travelling group. Possible mileage grifters. But, of course, you like to think the worst about all of your fellow colleagues. Maybe you'd be more happy if anyone seniority 8800 to your number were fired?

American Airlines has a loooong history of apologizing to people who don't deserve it in order to sweep bad media under the rug.
IIRC, there are no signatures or "fill in the blank data" on the part of the form given to the passenger. The passengers part of the form is all pre-printed information about the possible consequences of non-compliance with instructions/disruptive behavior/etc. All of the "fill in the blank" data and the pilot's signature are on the part turned into the company.

But, as you say despite the fact that there were multiple witnesses willing to make statements in favor of the passenger, and the fact that the company has heard enough to make public apologies and state that action is being taken against the f/a, it's obviously a bogus story because a f/a would never be anything less than perfect.

You understand incorrectly. The witness was simply pointing out that he and his colleagues spend a lot of money on AA every year. He never said they were traveling together on that flight.

Didn't she sue a passenger a few years ago? Maybe it was a different fa with the same name. And btw, fa's are allowed to accept tips. He/she's encouraged to decline, but if the passenger insists, then it's theirs.

Didn't she sue a passenger a few years ago? Maybe it was a different fa with the same name. And btw, fa's are allowed to accept tips. He/she's encouraged to decline, but if the passenger insists, then it's theirs.

As f/as we specd much of our time justifying our profession, the need for educated employees, how we are there "for safety" and then you take a tip? Cheapens the profession and just adds to the "sky waitress" perception. NEVER....

I saw Milton Berle try to tip a crew chief once at JFK... we canceled his flight, and the CC brought his bag up to the first class counter as a courtesy. Uncle Milty didn't care about our policy, and got a little mad when Duffy repeatedly refused the tip.

IIRC, he wound up leaving a $20 on the bag scale, which wound up going to the bucket of one of those nurses who used to stand at the escalators...

As f/as we specd much of our time justifying our profession, the need for educated employees, how we are there "for safety" and then you take a tip? Cheapens the profession and just adds to the "sky waitress" perception. NEVER....

hey, whatever. I didn't say that EYE accepted them, if that's what 'you' means. I find it embarassing. Write to AA because that's what they said to the thousands of trainees in reference to tips, which is what I posted. To be exact in our class, you decline once (or twice?), then take it if the passenger insists. Theres a psgr who flys jfk-lax that gives 40.00 (10.00 per in coach) per flight. It's just his thing but is well known as someone who appreciates the professional side of what a fa is there for. I doubt renaming it as an appeciation bonus will change what it really is. Doesn't matter whether they're accepted or not. Less than one percent of drink recipients even offer, and the waitress mentality is still there and always will be, just as there will always be fa's who accept tips if it's a dollar or several hundred dollars... or over 1000 in one case. I may have to lower myself with an offer like that. J/k... Being percieved as s glorified waitress isn't worth a million dollar tip. The SOS, and the modified version, are so much respectful and bring real meaning to our jobs. Lol. It is what it is, despite all this, I appreciate my occupation and even those passengers who don't realize that fa's aren't there for drinks and food peddling only.

Oh and the Helen incident has made to national news.

Latest posts