ATA and WN rumor ....

Didn't WN pretty much save ATA? And I thought ATA and World merged?

ATA, World, and North American are all now subsidiaries of a common owner, Global Aero Logistics.
There has been speculation that GAL would like to sell off ATA's scheduled services while keeping their charter operations.

ATA, World, and North American are all now subsidiaries of a common owner, Global Aero Logistics.
There has been speculation that GAL would like to sell off ATA's scheduled services while keeping their charter operations.

ATA just announced an end to all flights out of MDW.

It might make sense for WN to buy ATA now (or the remnants of the schedule pax operation) and operate it as a wholly owned subsidiary to start their own Hawaii, Mexico, Canada, and Caribbean ops.

I read that WN is looking at its options for another international partner.

I think that an interesting choice, and one that might help both carriers would be if they partner with F9. If F9 focused their business plan on international flights and possibly reduced some of their domestic exposure, yet kept Lynx operating to higher yield markets in the Rockies and entered into a comprehensive codeshare agreement with WN it might be very beneficial to both carriers and reduce the chance of F9 following TZ and AQ into an extreme financial situation.

F9 could then focus on expanding more into Central and South America, Canada and possibly even further and WN would gain a international partner and they could possibly reduce some overlap in DEN and thus increase both carriers yields.

And I must disagree with you on that one. What about PHL & CLT?

To be brutaly honest I don't think that any "value" in PHL exceeds it's liabilities. I seriously doubt anyone wants it, other than perhaps Southwest.

CLT may have some value to AA, but MIA is the SE hub so what CLT would really be to AA is a Mid-Atlantic hub.

To be brutaly honest I don't think that any "value" in PHL exceeds it's liabilities. I seriously doubt anyone wants it, other than perhaps Southwest.

CLT may have some value to AA, but MIA is the SE hub so what CLT would really be to AA is a Mid-Atlantic hub.
AA is not looking for hubs, Trust me, when I say, they have waay too many hubs! they ( AA ) would rather compete, just for the POWER effect, and then, put "Them" out of business and then take over. This AAlways been their Str"AA"tigy. Hopefully, Times now will change.

What Unity?