Attention All TWAers -- Get Your TWAer Certificate Now!!!

MrMarky

Advanced
ultimatebb.cgi

Hi Carl,

I have not received any email as of yet. Where did you send it?

I have noticed that sometimes I get email that was sent 2 or 3 days earlier. I don't know if that's a bottleneck at my ISP or the sender's.

Have you gotten your certificate??

Take care,

Marky

It says TWA World's Greatest Airline. That's kinda like Texans thinking they live in the greatest spot on the earth. I can't figure either one of those out.

Bagsmasher,
Do you have to turn every topic into a negative discussion? If someone wants to remember their 5-10-20-40 years with a company fondly, what's the harm? That's the TWA way. Eventually I hope to think of AA in the same way.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/23/2002 12:02:29 PM FibberMcGee wrote:

If someone wants to remember their 5-10-20-40 years with a company fondly, what's the harm? That's the TWA way. Eventually I hope to think of AA in the same way.
----------------
[/blockquote]
It would be nice to see these same fond feelings towards AA now rather than later.

Nice work Nick, Mr. Maarky and Captain Kraamer.
A nice memory . . .

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/23/2002 5:08:42 PM skyangelnflight wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/23/2002 12:02:29 PM FibberMcGee wrote:

If someone wants to remember their 5-10-20-40 years with a company fondly, what's the harm? That's the TWA way. Eventually I hope to think of AA in the same way.
----------------
[/blockquote]
It would be nice to see these same fond feelings towards AA now rather than later.

Nice work Nick, Mr. Maarky and Captain Kraamer.
A nice memory . . .

----------------
[/blockquote]

Trust me, I do feel a fondness for American and always have. It was the first Airline I ever flew on. You missed my point entirely. I was trying to point out that every subject did not need to go south but I guess I was wrong. I thought the certificate was great. You admonish me for stating this but say nothing about the other post...jeesh. I give up....again.

Skyangelnflight; Add me to the list of TWAers that does have a fondness for AA. In fact, I haven't heard of anything negative from any of my former TWA co-workers about AA. Sure, there are remarks flying all over the place on here but in the field, I assure you we very much want AA to not only survive but thrive.

I am also a former TWAer with 34years of fond memories and lifetime friendships. But my dedication and loyalty now is with AA and I hope when I retire in another 9 years to have at least the same memories I have of TWA.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/25/2002 9:59:36 AM Senor Pelon wrote:

I am also a former TWAer with 34years of fond memories and lifetime friendships. But my dedication and loyalty now is with AA and I hope when I retire in another 9 years to have at least the same memories I have of TWA.
----------------
[/blockquote]
That was part of the point I was trying to make. My loyalty is with AA 100 percent now. Ironically, I was a major fan of AA before starting to work for TWA. It took awhile to change to TWA (6mos). Now that TWA is part of AA I can have the best of both worlds. Happy holiday to all...especially you bagsmasher and I hope your next year will be better for you and your family as well as all of us at AMERICAN AIRLINES.

rampguy and senor pelon,
It's very refreshing to hear comments like these after reading the awful things some TWAers are posting on the apfa website. I was beginning to worry that the majority of you feel the same way because we only hear from the negative ones. I look forward to working with more like you on the line. Welcome to AA!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 1:46:37 PM AAirMale wrote:

rampguy and senor pelon,
It's very refreshing to hear comments like these after reading the awful things some TWAers are posting on the apfa website. I was beginning to worry that the majority of you feel the same way because we only hear from the negative ones. I look forward to working with more like you on the line. Welcome to AA!
----------------
[/blockquote]
What 'awful things have Twers been posting on apfa? I log on everyday, and Twers are not posting at all. Today was the first time in weeks I observed a post from TWer in regards to guns in the cockpit......and it posed a valid question as to the relationship of AA f/as and pilots.
I dont find that 'awful'. What I do find unsettling that you would make a comment in which no one on this board can research, unless they are APFA members.Your post places negative connotation to TW postings which is unfounded and not true.As an APFA member in good standing,I ask what comments you refer to as 'awful'.....as there are NONE in existance from TWers on the board. AND I can prove it!
Have a wonderful THanksgiving.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 4:35:50 PM riptide44 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
----------------
[/blockquote]
What 'awful things" have Twers been posting on apfa? I log on everyday, and Twers are not posting at all. Today was the first time in weeks I observed a post from TWer in regards to guns in the cockpit......and it posed a valid question as to the relationship of AA f/as and pilots.
I dont find that 'awful'. What I do find unsettling that you would make a comment in which no one on this board can research, unless they are APFA members.Your post places negative connotation to TW postings which is unfounded and not true.As an APFA member in good standing,I ask what comments you refer to as 'awful'.....as there are NONE in existance from TWers on the board. AND I can prove it!

----------------
[/blockquote]

It's people like you that I'm talking about when I refer to awful postings. My latter post was well-intentioned and it comes as no surprise that you would twist it into something otherwise. You don't have to be an APFA member to know what kind of postings I'm speaking of. You've displayed that for us in your last, and many other postings on this bulletin board, riptide. Don't you see? YOU'RE my proof. You ARE Exhibit A.

Today must have been your first visit to the APFA website, congratulations. Anyone who has been visiting the website bulletin board since the acquisition, or ANY other bulletin board including this one, knows that there are many ill feelings that some ex-TWA flight attendants have for AA flight attendants because of the whole seniority issue. It's not MY fault you're seniority is at stake and it doesn't benefit anyone to argue about it. Let it go and the courts will decide. In the meantime, I honestly look forward to working with you in the near future. Hope your holidays are filled with love and light.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 6:44:39 PM AAirMale wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 4:35:50 PM riptide44 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
----------------
[/blockquote]
What 'awful things" have Twers been posting on apfa? I log on everyday, and Twers are not posting at all. Today was the first time in weeks I observed a post from TWer in regards to guns in the cockpit......and it posed a valid question as to the relationship of AA f/as and pilots.

----------------
[/blockquote]

It's people like you that I'm talking about when I refer to "awful" postings. My latter post was well-intentioned and it comes as no surprise that you would twist it into something otherwise. You don't have to be an APFA member to know what kind of postings I'm speaking of. You've displayed that for us in your last, and many other postings on this bulletin board, riptide. Don't you see? YOU'RE my proof. You ARE Exhibit A.

Today must have been your first visit to the APFA website, congratulations. Anyone who has been visiting the website bulletin board since the acquisition, or ANY other bulletin board including this one, knows that there are many ill feelings that some ex-TWA flight attendants have for AA flight attendants because of the whole seniority issue. It's not MY fault you're seniority is at stake and it doesn't benefit anyone to argue about it. Let it go and the courts will decide. In the meantime, I honestly look forward to working with you in the near future. Hope your holidays are filled with love and light.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I've been logging on daily since June. You, AAirmale are lying. TWA'rs don't post on that board. It's a stupid board for stupid people. The flame baiters are the worst and we all know they are AA'rs who tried to get responses to their negativity but didn't. When they didn't get those responses they turned on each other. We don't need to argue with AArs at all. We have highly paid top gun attorneys to do it in front of a jury for us.

And so it goes...

Come on folks! I started this thread as a way of sharing the memories of TWA with any of you who wish to take advantage of that opportunity.

Those of you who want to continue your never ending food fights should start your own thread. This is not the place. The integration is over. The economy is in the tank. The airline industry is struggling for survival.

We worked very hard to create a certificate that would be something special for those with fond memories of TWA in their hearts. Obviously, those people will be primarily former TWA employees and passengers.

Let me add however, that those from AA who have admired TWA over the years, who felt the pain when TWA was victimized by such events as Flight 800 and the highjacking ordeal of Flight 847, who shared with their counterparts at TWA that unique bond that people in the airline industry sometimes seem to share with each other across companies, then you too, are more than welcome to be a part of this effort.

Just as TWA is now part of AA, the memories of TWA are ALSO part of AA, and have been so recognized at the CR Smith Museum. AA has a long and proud heritage, and TWA is now a part of that. So any nAAtive who shares that vision is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. We are all one now, or should be.

And remember...to be a true TWAer, is to set an example of what being the best is all about, and these days that means continuing to make American Airlines the best.

Thanks,

mAArky