ATTN: East Customer Service Agents!

PBI2FLL

Senior
Jul 5, 2005
:angry: What's aggravating YOU the most right now?

1. The fact that 50% of the E-tkts are NOT appended!!

2. Once you take control of an OA E-tkt, why do we ALSO have to ADJUST it, if there are no changes to the itinerary? ie: UA codeshare! What a pain in the ASS!

3. In an online reroute situation, why must we ADJUST every E-tkt, if the city pair and booking code are the same?

4. When the seat map is full, why isn't an oversold passenger automatically placed on the the SB list as an 'HKN', like it's supposed to? I'm sure this is causing major headaches at the hubs, especially with thru pax!

5. How the frigg do I put a VOLUNTEER on the SB list? Is this NOT working either?

Grrrrrr...

Get a load of these apples:

Got Res Experience? US Wants You!
This weekend marks the first full weekend of res migration as well as the first weekend of the spring break season. With high load factors expected, we anticipate long lines as well. If you have any airport passenger service or reservations experience, we can use your help this weekend! If you are interested in working in the SSC (System Support Center) at Rio West either Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday, please contact Nura Eltaib ([email protected]) or Melody Andersen ([email protected]).

Wouldn't this be a violation of SCOPE if an admin person or employee represented by another union volunteered for this special duty? Why can't the company just staff correctly instead of violating labor contracts? :unsure:

Wouldn't this be a violation of SCOPE if an admin person or employee represented by another union volunteered for this special duty? Why can't the company just staff correctly instead of violating labor contracts? :unsure:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have lots of res experience including Ast Mgr Res with another airline. Howver they have not trained me on this new system. So don't know how much help I could be.
A few days in PHX might be nice....

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have lots of res experience including Ast Mgr Res with another airline. Howver they have not trained me on this new system. So don't know how much help I could be.
A few days in PHX might be nice....

I was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force back when the Soviets and their nuclear weapons were America's biggest concern. Perhaps if maintenance is short on staff I can go over there and violate their SCOPE. :lol: At least I remember how to apply speed tape. That would be fine with this company.

Love all the busy and timeouts!

What an antiquated system!

US has def regressed 25 yrs!

Not impressed at all..

why not have taken 50% and 50% of the entries? :down:

The kiosks and SHARES today check-in passengers and check their bags on flights that were cancel.

Does anyone have answers to the questions I have above and what, if anything, is being done to correct these issues? Does anyone care? :blink:

:angry: What's aggravating YOU the most right now?

1. The fact that 50% of the E-tkts are NOT appended!!

2. Once you take control of an OA E-tkt, why do we ALSO have to ADJUST it, if there are no changes to the itinerary? ie: UA codeshare! What a pain in the ASS!

3. In an online reroute situation, why must we ADJUST every E-tkt, if the city pair and booking code are the same?

4. When the seat map is full, why isn't an oversold passenger automatically placed on the the SB list as an 'HKN', like it's supposed to? I'm sure this is causing major headaches at the hubs, especially with thru pax!

5. How the frigg do I put a VOLUNTEER on the SB list? Is this NOT working either?

Grrrrrr...
1. I agree this is time consuming....
2. same as above....seems they could have reprogramed the pnrs to "psynch"
3. same as above
4. a pax should automatically add as a hkn if oversold- tip ...when you check in pax make sure you add an e to the codes pqvin...e = exit row and if this is all that is avail when os then it will know to assign an e seat
5. you add someone to the vol list on the ctrl c basic chkin at the bottom or on the retry f4 bottom

All employees need to bombard Tempe with emails about the absolute failure of this cutover/res system.The company is delusional if they believe it is a success. the massive delays caused by ticketing problems,a/c unable to get their wt/bal numbers are killing us. In DCA we had an ac return to the gate for fuel after an hour waiting for its numbers. This system is pathetic and they need to know about it. The sooner we shoot this dog and bury it the better. Bring back SABRE. Flood Parker,Kirby and Mule's office with the truth about what if really happening, and if necessary the media until we get something done.

Oh yeah ..temporarily increasing staffing due to the combination of spring break & res migration makes PERFECT sense

What makes Qik so tedious, cumbersome and frustrating is so much of what I must input these processes, such as ticket numbers, old flight numbers, old flight dates, old flight year, etc., have all been provided to me by the same system!
Also when searching for a ticket number, the system requires me to have a PNR active! Also a flight number and first name are required! Why? Sometimes I need to search for a ticket for someone who's yet to be booked or was tickeed on a past date. Search entries for etks can't be performed unless a flight number be part of the search. Flight numbers aren't typically known or recalled, especially when a ticket was issued for travel days, weeks or months ago. With SABRE a ticket could be located simply with the following: a last name, any coupon's original to/from cities, the original travel date of any ticket coupon. This was only one, but very useful search method.
I'm sure these contraints are due to Qik, not Shares. We are all contrained by Qik's programmed pop-ups which, in turn, query the Shares system. Qik forces us to use certain required elements and forbids us from using making use of others (unless there's a pop-up). We communicate with a computer to perform our jobs but our communication to and from Shares is limited by this interface called Qik that gets in the way.

Love all the busy and timeouts!

What an antiquated system!

US has def regressed 25 yrs!

Not impressed at all..

why not have taken 50% and 50% of the entries? :down:
can anybody close their flight.....they tooke away my mercedes and gave me a kia... :angry: you ll love it...it only goes 5 miles and hour but it s better on gas

Latest posts

Back