August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also. The workers are at the door to collect. There is no greater negotiation environment. If our members cant get more time off, a wage that is north of amr, benefit enhancements, and most importantly better scope then something is wrong. Granted it wont come quick or without decisive action encouraged by the union leadership.
Agreed. Much has been taken from this group through two bankruptcies. Much needs to be gained. Better scope that protects existing work is just the starting point. Hopefully, the "Status Conference" scheduled in DC with the NMB for all parties ( the company, MTC. & Related and Fleet) will result in some pressure being put on the company to start negotiating "in good faith" with the IAM. I would think the last thing this company needs, while they are trying to salvage this merger with the DOJ, is to have the NMB release one or two bargaining units as a result of an impasse with contract negotiations. The message is clear; CONTRACTS FIRST merger related agreements second. It's time for the company to clean up their own house first. An issue that has noticably been lacking the past couple of years. I don't know about the rest of you but I NEED A FAIR CONTRACT!

Im tired of the gloom and doom negotiation forecast. Supper is ready! Everything else is simply not the reality of the situation. Sheesh!

i heard yesterday that very soon the donkeys are going to give all the employees armbands that support the merger i can tell you i personelly wont wear one if the union came up with contracts first merger later then i would wear that.. just wonder how much the company is paying a company to make these armbands to help support the merger... our shop steward told us not to accept the armbands til we get contracts first...

I'm all for the lock and load campaign however it has been 2 years now and we haven't voted on a single contract. This is AH favorite game plan, they love the stall tactic and they are the best at it. It's mind boggling how these contract talks take endless years...there really is no excuse for it and unions don't have much power to fight it. Not knowing all the details but the 1st contract that eventually comes forth will no doubt not satisfy most on here and get voted down. Another one put forth, voted outcome, cooling period, strike, ect who knows. Seems $24 an hour is the benchmark most people are after. Just how many more years is worth it for an extra $1 over the $22ish an hour company probably will offer? There is something called the "time value of money" meaning money in the hand today to spend/invest will be more than waiting years for that extra $1. The important issue to me is scope/outsourcing, outsourcing of stations has got to stop.

Another note...lets suppose for a moment that the IAM accepted the companies last contract offer to put forth to the membership to vote. With the game plan knowing FULL WELL that the membership would vote it down. Would that put this workforce farther along the path in the NMB's eyes to strengthen the IAM position with serious contract talks/strike/whatever? Seems to me it would

i heard yesterday that very soon the donkeys are going to give all the employees armbands that support the merger i can tell you i personelly wont wear one if the union came up with contracts first merger later then i would wear that.. just wonder how much the company is paying a company to make these armbands to help support the merger... our shop steward told us not to accept the armbands til we get contracts first...

Then screw those armbands and start the buttons for MTC and Fleet. You know there are alot of MTC and FLEET that will wear those armbands. They need to be educated. I dont think all of us are against " The Company " for progressing thru a Merger !
Lets face it though, we are " The Company " also, and i see no progression for this work group !
So Release us already or clean up this #### ! AL

I'm all for the lock and load campaign however it has been 2 years now and we haven't voted on a single contract. This is AH favorite game plan, they love the stall tactic and they are the best at it. It's mind boggling how these contract talks take endless years...there really is no excuse for it and unions don't have much power to fight it. Not knowing all the details but the 1st contract that eventually comes forth will no doubt not satisfy most on here and get voted down. Another one put forth, voted outcome, cooling period, strike, ect who knows. Seems $24 an hour is the benchmark most people are after. Just how many more years is worth it for an extra $1 over the $22ish an hour company probably will offer? There is something called the "time value of money" meaning money in the hand today to spend/invest will be more than waiting years for that extra $1. The important issue to me is scope/outsourcing, outsourcing of stations has got to stop.
My understanding is that the union is asking for retro. At United, they gave up retro for a big signing bonus of several thousands of dollars. Whatever the case, we know if a contract is ratified, that a new one after that will take additional years. To stop this foolishness, our union leaders are assumingly asking for 3%+ wage gains past the amendable date per every 12 months past the amendable time. Our last negotiators blowed and screwed our members with a low 2% over 18 months. At least the mx got 3% for two additional years so the wageline wasn't completely cut off. Retro at the front end and wage triggers at the back end is my assumption of what the negotiating team is asking for. Otherwise, doesn't make any sense.

tim ive heard that the union is wanting to use the 99 agreement and build upon that... how accurate that is i do not know but to me it seems like a logical place to start... mike i hear ya on that bro i do know that there are a few in my stat including me that will not wear the cheap ### armband but the younger pups will.. lock n loaded contracts first

While I will NOT do more than my own job at Work I will wear any armband or item in support of this merger..

We need this without it I fear for our future .

Why dont you just go beg them for more money.

Time to grow a set and stand up to the company.

There's a difference between standing up to the company and making sound bussiness decisions that will ensure long term viablity of your place of employment .

We can stand up to the company WHILE we push for a stronger future ...Remember our goal is not to destroy our own company .

While I will NOT do more than my own job at Work I will wear any armband or item in support of this merger..

I will also wear one, proudly, if/when they do give them out, but only around my perineum.

We need this without it I fear for our future .

Yes, fear of the future seems to be the overriding motivator behind most of your opinions. Hopefully if we're lucky and this merger goes through the new AA will be in the Too Big to Fail™ club, and thus eligible to extort bailouts from the federal government the next time the markets do collapse. Is this your line of thinking in insisting AA become as politically and economically strong as possible and why it should fight any requirements to divest slots at DCA?

Bravo ,bravo chock .... You've figured out my outlook for the future ......

The re-nationalization of the airline industry and my desire to see us safely in it ....

It's not PC to talk about such things that's why I've never come right out and said it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back