August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world both groups would support each other. I doubt that contractual language would supercede an order by a Federal Court to return to work. I may be wrong... but I don't see the White House allowing any sympathy support for a prolonged period from other bargaining units. The airline industry contracts fall within the jurisdiction of the Railway Labor Act. The RLA protects the best interests of the country's commerce. This is why a union, within the airline industry,finds it's requests to be released falling on deaf ears.

I want to give a shout out to Roabilly. Sorry I didn't get to see you the other day on your last day, but some of us want to get together with ya soon for a lunch or something!!! Enjoy your retirement brother!!! You deserve it!! Stay on with us here on aviation. Your input is always very informing to myself as well as everyone else!! Again enjoy the good life!!

for starters even though it say under 06 hires can not be fuloughed due to outsourcing bumping rights are allowed, what happens to said 06 hire if enough people bump into a hub? they are not going to put an infinite amount of people there.
as an aside I did ask you in a pm the other day your thoughts on the ta and never heard anything back

for starters even though it say under 06 hires can not be fuloughed due to outsourcing bumping rights are allowed, what happens to said 06 hire if enough people bump into a hub? they are not going to put an infinite amount of people there.
as an aside I did ask you in a pm the other day your thoughts on the ta and never heard anything back
You Sent me a PM when?? This TA just came out last Thursday. You have my cell number, we have talked and text several times in the past. You haven't tried to get ahold of me. As far as the bumping goes. That's a good thing in anyone's contract, it protects your job based on your seniority. That's how it should be!! Not sure what your asking about the 06 people.

You Sent me a PM when?? This TA just came out last Thursday. You have my cell number, we have talked and text several times in the past. You haven't tried to get ahold of me. As far as the bumping goes. That's a good thing in anyone's contract, it protects your job based on your seniority. That's how it should be!! Not sure what your asking about the 06 people.
I sent it over the weekend on here Saturday morning I believe, I hate to bother on the phone and figured it would be easier for you.

What I mean about the 06 hire if they are at a hub if enough bump in they will be out protection or not or at least thats what I seen it as

I want to give a shout out to Roabilly. Sorry I didn't get to see you the other day on your last day, but some of us want to get together with ya soon for a lunch or something!!! Enjoy your retirement brother!!! You deserve it!! Stay on with us here on aviation. Your input is always very informing to myself as well as everyone else!! Again enjoy the good life!!
Thanks Charlie...
Give me a call sometime. I’ll assure you I’ll stay active-- especially when disinformation is being spread to support political agendas!

I sent it over the weekend on here Saturday morning I believe, I hate to bother on the phone and figured it would be easier for you.

What I mean about the 06 hire if they are at a hub if enough bump in they will be out protection or not or at least thats what I seen it as
They could only be bumped by someone with more time. If they were, they would then exercise their seniority to go where they could with their 06 date. Eventually it dominoes down to the lowest of seniority. We at US have a different policy than this at fleet. But it's always debated about which method is best. I personally think seniority should rule!! I think if it comes down to it, a 06 guys should lose his job before say a 83 guy. I'm pretty sure UA also has lifetime recall rights, which is pretty damn good.

They could only be bumped by someone with more time. If they were, they would then exercise their seniority to go where they could with their 06 date. Eventually it dominoes down to the lowest of seniority. We at US have a different policy than this at fleet. But it's always debated about which method is best. I personally think seniority should rule!! I think if it comes down to it, a 06 guys should lose his job before say a 83 guy. I'm pretty sure UA also has lifetime recall rights, which is pretty damn good.

so in actuality even though it says the 06 could not be furloughed due to outsourcing he really could since it would be unlikely he would have anywhere to go in that situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back