B O and MITTens,............. 269 electoral votes each.

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Most of the REPUGS on here will never admit it, but in thier heart of hearts they believe they will 'come up short' in the Senate.

SOOOO,.......that would set up an "interesting" (to say the least) situation where Romney would be POTUS, and JOE BIDEN would be VPOTUS !

IF that where to happen, you would see Romney back-off of his Amtrak BS, if for no other reason than to keep peace between JB and himself !

If not, JB could make his life a Total living hell. (and Both of them are too Smart to play that game) .

Having been geographically 'around MITTens for YEARS, I've seen FIRST HAND him do some amazing flip-flops.

But don't take my word for it, ask the Boston Globe, or Herald !

Sure, Joe could make his life hell, and Mitt could also just send him on a good-will tour of Central Africa and Eastern Europe for the next 14 months.

And, you're also assuming that they'd vote for four more years of Joe, and that Joe would want to continue as VP.

Sure, Joe could make his life hell, and Mitt could also just send him on a good-will tour of Central Africa and Eastern Europe for the next 14 months.

And, you're also assuming that they'd vote for four more years of Joe, and that Joe would want to continue as VP.

You know Eric,...the more I 'Ponder your theory, the more it make some sense.
The D's WOULD want to put someone a bit younger, who could make ol' MITTens life miserable, while at the same time be getting thier 'feet wet'(and getting PAID for it) while gearing up for '16.

HMMMM ????

Futhermore Eric,
IF my hypothetical 269/269 came to pass,........and your hypo. came to pass(not JB), I've got the Perfect female candidate, for the First Female POTUS (assuming Hillary wasn't going to run)........ Patty Murray D-WA.

Gleen,
That scenario I've not heard of before,...But please elaborate.

"ELVING: As implausible as much of the rest of this, perhaps even more implausible. But here's another thought: if the House, because the divided delegations that don't vote, can't ever get to a decision, can't actually pick a president by the time the Senate then meets, the Senate would choose the vice president who would become the president. So you could have, out of all these scenarios, a President Biden."

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/24/163572786/could-there-be-a-tie-in-the-electoral-college

"ELVING: As implausible as much of the rest of this, perhaps even more implausible. But here's another thought: if the House, because the divided delegations that don't vote, can't ever get to a decision, can't actually pick a president by the time the Senate then meets, the Senate would choose the vice president who would become the president. So you could have, out of all these scenarios, a President Biden."

http://www.npr.org/2...ectoral-college

Hear what Joe said to Ty Woods Dad at the ceremony for his fallen Son?

'Your kid had balls as big as a cue ball'....

I think a clown of this proportion would elevate even the most squeemish GOP house voters into action....take it to the bank.

Quality is not an act, it is a habit. - Aristotle

You know Eric,...the more I 'Ponder your theory, the more it make some sense.
The D's WOULD want to put someone a bit younger, who could make ol' MITTens life miserable, while at the same time be getting thier 'feet wet'(and getting PAID for it) while gearing up for '16.

HMMMM ????

Futhermore Eric,
IF my hypothetical 269/269 came to pass,........and your hypo. came to pass(not JB), I've got the Perfect female candidate, for the First Female POTUS (assuming Hillary wasn't going to run)........ Patty Murray D-WA.

Read the Constitution, Bears...

They can't bring in a new candidate on a whim. It has to be from the two slates that tied in the electoral college.

It has to be either Paul or Biden. There could be a weak moment in the Senate (especially if there is a shift of control from the Dems) where party politics get put aside for a moment.

I have no doubt there are people on the Dem side who are tired of a buffoon like Biden being the standard bearer for the party.

If I were a Dem who lost my seat because of being associated to Obama and Biden, I'd probably vote for Paul Ryan. There's really no repercussions for doing so if I've already been voted out of office.

OK suppose the tie was caused by a few defectio in the Electoral College. Let's say my guy Ron Paul gets the 2 "rogue" votes? Can the House make him President?

Read the Constitution...

For President: "...then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President."

The only way Ron Paul could make it into the final round is if he managed to make it into the top 3 of the electoral college. Gary Johnson has a better chance of that right now, since he's actually on the ballot.

Read the Constitution...

For President: "...then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President."

The only way Ron Paul could make it into the final round is if he managed to make it into the top 3 of the electoral college. Gary Johnson has a better chance of that right now, since he's actually on the ballot.

So if we had 2 defectors who voted for Dr. Paul, the HoR could vote him President?

OMG could you imagine Gary Johnson or Ron Paul ending up with the majority and being lected President??

Personally, I think having the election thrown into the House might be just the thing to let the Banksters know Business as usual is no longer acceptable.

Latest posts