B206 Crash In Sask.

Skywrench

Mar 13, 2003
From www.swiftcurrentonline.com:

The damage was extensive, but two people survived a helicopter crash yesterday south of Swift Current. The Bell 206 helicopter is owned by Ontario based Standard Ag Helicopters. The helicopter went down about 3 miles south of the city, just east of highway four at around 3:00 pm. Wayne Scott, who manages the Swift Current Airport, says the two people where able to walk away from the accident. One person was admitted to hospital and was deemed to be in good condition. The cause of the accident is currently under investigation by the RCMP and Transport Canada.

anyone have any other details yet?? i know we had a wind warning in effect here in the flatlands on saturday...

i drove here to nipawin today and the highways in any open areas were the you-know-what's!!!

glad to hear they walked away!!! :up:

As long as they walked away and live to fly another day, thats the important thing. :up:

Heli Ops

Rumour...and ONLY RUMOUR has it that they were at 1000ft agl and entered below VFR conditions. Apparently the good ol 180 degree turn IFR got them.

WX 10 minutes after the accident = 042106 AUTO 36010KT 3/8SM VV001 M08/M08

Gee, I wonder what happened.

Back