Bankruptcy?

Labor...Labor...Labor....Thats all we have heard..!!! :eek:

Until they start addressing some NON-LABOR cost, its a mute point with me. ;)

Remember...Everything is on the table..!! :up: :up:

SL

usair_begins_with_u said:
comon people.. dont be stupid.. do it for the stock.
I think usair_begins_with_u made a stupid stock move. Now s/he wants the employees to agree to another round of massive concessions so the stock gets a little bump up the day after concessions are ratified so he can sell and minimize his losses on his bad investment decision.

Yeah, employees, give what little you have left to benefit the short stock traders! Do it for people like the Daves and ITRADE! <_<

Heh... too bad Im holding onto a LONG position...

I think LABOR is starting to wise up.. The industry has changed, and so too will LABORS's wage and benefit scale. This happens to everyone!! ask any computer programmer who had their salary cut in half now with all the overseas outsourcing of many programming jobs??

The free hand of the economy is slapping airline LABOR across the face.. Its not your managements fault.. its market forces which are beyond any one companies control. Now you can sit there and whine about how life is not fair, (who told you it was?) or you can suck it up and fight to keep your job.

Those who are not foolish will see this. Trade wages now for stock returns later.

usair_begins_with_u said:
Heh... too bad Im holding onto a LONG position...

I think LABOR is starting to wise up.. The industry has changed, and so too will LABORS's wage and benefit scale. This happens to everyone!! ask any computer programmer who had their salary cut in half now with all the overseas outsourcing of many programming jobs??

The free hand of the economy is slapping airline LABOR across the face.. Its not your managements fault.. its market forces which are beyond any one companies control. Now you can sit there and whine about how life is not fair, (who told you it was?) or you can suck it up and fight to keep your job.

Those who are not foolish will see this. Trade wages now for stock returns later.
You sound like someone who has been here before, just with a different name. :angry:

ITRADE,

Let me try to put a point on it...

"The industry has changed, and so too will LABORS's wage and benefit scale." - usair begins with u

Labor's wage and benefit scale has changed - for some more than once and for others (nearly half) going to zero. Apparently usair begins with u is an advocate of "forget what you gave yesterday, this is today".

"Its not your managements fault" - usair begins with u

More of the same tired refrain - a great management team (and the one before them, and before them, and so on) pulled down by a bunch of ungrateful, lazy, immoral, thieving employees.

"The free hand of the economy is slapping airline LABOR across the face" - usairways begins with u.

I think the vast majority of us realized that when we gave the concessions in 2002/2003. The only thing that keeps slapping labor across the face at this airline now is management.

Jim

usair_begins_with_u
Posted on May 10 2004, 08:52 AM

comon people.. dont be stupid.. do it for the stock. I think consessions can be a quid pro quo.. If labor gives another 1.5 billion, it should be for an equity swap. take the stock, it's a good deal.

having a job - less pay + stock (not profit sharing but actual shares) is > no job

Hmmmm... let's see. I vote in a contract that has a 40% pay cut on top of the 30% pay cut I've already taken. And in exchange I get, say, 10,000 shares of common stock, to be vested in, say, 24 months. Then as I'm living in a 30 year old singlewide trailer, eating beans by candlelight, twelve months go by. Still twelve months from being able to exersize my options, the company declares that it stlll can't make a profit and re-enters bankruptcy. So here I sit at a fools wage, with my equity position cancelled by the sharks who planned the whole thing from the beginning.

No thanks. I'll buy my own stock with money I've earned, and as long as this industry is under attack by the social engineers, it won't be airline stock!

I think "USA Begins with U" is smoking something really, really, really BAD crack to be thinking in his mindframe. Hope he didn't have all that stock thinking it would ever hit $60 a share....lol

What with U coming out of BK with 2 cents yet to be wrung out of CASM's (dave's words, not mine) on the non labor side, I tend to think MANAGEMENT is slapping me across the face, not the marketplace.

Latest posts