Senior
Apr 3, 2003
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT:

JetBlue Corporate Communications

[email protected]

(718) 709-3089

JETBLUE SEEKS AUTHORITY TO PROVIDE INTERNATIONAL SERVICE TO BERMUDA

-- Low-fare Carrier Proposes Two New Daily Nonstop Flights

from New York City to Bermuda, in Filing with the U.S. Department of Transportation* --

NEW YORK, (Jan. 26, 2006) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), New York’s hometown airline, requested authority from the U.S. Department of Transportation to provide international nonstop service to Bermuda. Pending approval from both governments, the proposed service from John F. Kennedy International Airport would operate with two daily nonstop flights to Bermuda, planned to begin May, 2006.*

JetBlue Airways is a low-fare airline based in New York City that operates 370 flights daily to 34 destinations. JetBlue offers customers roomy leather seats with 36 channels of free DIRECTV® ** programming, the most live television offered by any airline. On flights longer than two hours, the airline also features a selection of first-run movies and bonus features from FOX InFlightâ„¢. Customers enjoy brand name snacks and beverages, including freshly brewed Dunkin' Donuts coffee and fine wines selected by JetBlue’s “Low Fare Sommelier,â€￾ Joshua Wesson, founder of Best Cellars. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583) or visit www.jetblue.com.

# # #

* This service is subject to receipt of government operating authority.

** DIRECTV® service is not available on flights between JFK or Newark and Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic; however, FOX InFlight™ is offered complimentary on these routes. FOX InFlight is a trademark of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. JetBlue's in-flight entertainment is powered by LiveTV, a wholly owned subsidiary of JetBlue.

This press release contains statements of a forward-looking nature which represent our management's beliefs and assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions and are based on information currently available to us. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in the forward looking statements due to many factors, including without limitation, our extremely competitive industry, our ability to implement our growth strategy including the integration of the EMBRAER 190 aircraft into our operations, our significant fixed obligations, our ability to maintain our culture, our reliance on high daily aircraft utilization, increases in maintenance costs, fuel prices, insurance costs and interest rates, our dependence on the New York market, our reliance on automated systems and technology, our reliance on sole suppliers, additional government regulation and future acts of terrorism or the threat of such acts or escalation of U.S. military involvement overseas. Information concerning these and other factors is contained in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to, the Company's 2004 Annual Report on Form 10-K/A and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and 10Q/A. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.

Whenever I have flown to BDA (on AA from LAX, via JFK) I have never considered it a low-fare sorta destination. Maybe B6 can make it work, but it's not quite the same destination as some of the low-rent Caribbean islands. Although room rates drop in the winter, it's still an expensive place year 'round. Good luck, B6.

??? How does flying that route with E190's keep the cost down?
It was a Joke....Although, I would guess that the crew would be at a lower rate of pay than those flying the Bus..
With the way the Airlines have stretched the use of these overgrown RJ's, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Whenever I have flown to BDA (on AA from LAX, via JFK) I have never considered it a low-fare sorta destination. Maybe B6 can make it work, but it's not quite the same destination as some of the low-rent Caribbean islands. Although room rates drop in the winter, it's still an expensive place year 'round. Good luck, B6.
they don't have to offer a low fare (ie $69), just a lower fare. i think jB's plan is to become an airline of choice based on service/amenities/(lower)fares, then creep their prices up