Behold, A Pale Rider

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Patrick Caddell, a respected political pollster and strategist, co-wrote an op-ed piece in Thursday’s Wall Street Journal predicting that a third-party candidate will enter the presidential race.

The article cited a poll showing that 57 percent of voters now say there is a need for a third party, and stated that voters are seeking a leader offering “a new direction and a proven record of getting things done.”

I've seen Mr Caddell and of all the talking heads Mr Cadell seems oft times to be the smartest guy in the room. So I wonder is he right and who would it be.

I happen to think that if the right person decides to run as a 3rd party that person could actually win. WHY?

The economy continues to flop around like a fish out of water and right or wrong a sitting POTUS catches the flak.
Debt/Spending issues have not been fully addressed as witnessed by the downgrade.
Republicans, except Dr Paul are busy trying to out right wing each other. Ron is Ron, hasn't changed for 30 years.
Obama continues to shoot himself in the foot at every opportunity

So what say you?

I've seen Mr Caddell and of all the talking heads Mr Cadell seems oft times to be the smartest guy in the room. So I wonder is he right and who would it be.

I happen to think that if the right person decides to run as a 3rd party that person could actually win. WHY?

The economy continues to flop around like a fish out of water and right or wrong a sitting POTUS catches the flak.
Debt/Spending issues have not been fully addressed as witnessed by the downgrade.
Republicans, except Dr Paul are busy trying to out right wing each other. Ron is Ron, hasn't changed for 30 years.
Obama continues to shoot himself in the foot at every opportunity

So what say you?
Jesse Ventura

Jesse Ventura

Actually I've heard his name mentioned. Wouldn't be my first choice. Of course Trump is out there as well. I think he wants to play King Maker. Much easier to help someone get elected than it is to govern.

Actually I've heard his name mentioned. Wouldn't be my first choice. Of course Trump is out there as well. I think he wants to play King Maker. Much easier to help someone get elected than it is to govern.
That was not an endorsement or me saying he would run. It was an example of a third party disaster.

Oh dear God, are our memories THAT SHORT.
I seem to remember that we came out on the SHORT END(GHWB) when a 3rd party ran.

I swear, I think (sadly) that our party has been wuuped many times with the "Stupid stick" !

Oh dear God, are our memories THAT SHORT.
I seem to remember that we came out on the SHORT END(GHWB) when a 3rd party ran.

I swear, I think (sadly) that our party has been wuuped many times with the "Stupid stick" !

This person may not be from the right. Much of Obama's far left base is pissed off in big way.

@Tech, I know it wasn't an endorsement. Good speculation though. :up:

Latest posts