Big cut back at AA

Yes, I see a pattern of airlines charging those for "extras" when paying low fares. Meanwhile, US charges for "extras" when flying on a full fare and ridiculous change fees for some FC tickets. Oh, and let's not forget the terrible FC service offered by US compared to its competitors.
US should just do away with FC. I have no problem with them charging for checked luggage, but what about states that have sales tax like PA 6%. Will it be $15.90 or are airlines exempt from this? And is this charge apply for 1 way or round-trip?

Gosh you have your facts screwed up.
Riiiiight...... ;) Looks to me that AA is now charging for the first bag, excluding elites, just as US is excluding elites from the second bag charge. Fact.

Didn't you think that USAir would be the first to charge for the first bag? AA is really starting to slum it....Baffling....

Oh, and don't get me started about UA matching the 500 mile thingy..... give it time for the rest of them.... give it time...

Riiiiight...... ;) Looks to me that AA is now charging for the first bag, excluding elites, just as US is excluding elites from the second bag charge. Fact.

Didn't you think that USAir would be the first to charge for the first bag? Baffling....
What about full fare Y pax? :shrug:

What about full fare Y pax? :shrug:
Agreed. Hate what the airlines have done to them, and most US FA's realize that there are still many people in Y paying exorbitant amounts of $$$. I get my preferred list when boarding is complete, and act accordingly. Always have, always will. ;)

Oh, and you should come back and try F in US on the transcons again... don't think it is so horrible anymore.... Food looks good, nice desserts, hot towels, still plastic glasses; F pax seem happier.... but... we miss you! And we are lookin' pretty snazzed out in the new threads! :groovy:

Oil is up to 130 plus a barrel. Should you allow this to continually be deducted from you pay check? Ceo's and stockholders will make out every time, no pun intended. They need your cooperation to do so. Is the sky falling or do you have your head in the sand? You are not revolting against the monopolized utilities doubling your bill to heat your house, or the oil corporations making record profits because you have to fill your tank. You are not organizing against higher gas prices. You are chicken little.

Do not forget you are not employees relying on a pay check, think of yourselves as consumers that have had enough.

Chicken little

At some point the US Govt. will have to subsidize fuel for the US airline industry or let the industry collapse and then start the real USAirways.
The US Govt., oh, you mean the American taxpayer, has already been subsidizing fuel since long before powered flight. It is a political thing, propping up certain industries on the taxpayer backs all the while advocating "less government".

When will us peons figure it out?

I'm wondering f it isn't time to start offering early outs/retirement like we did after 9/11. I know a bunch of people that would jump at the chance to retire, with flight benefits. I say US should offer this to 10+ employees, regardless of age. Could save a lot of $$$$.
Any talks about charging the employees to fly? I could see that over the horizon.