Boeing feeling bullish about Dreamliner

Thanks for the info. I thought the A330-200s were converted to A350s. But that is good news if they're still on the books. We need them like yesterday. Anyone know a timeframe for delivery dates? Also, you're right about sticking with Airbus if they can make the right cost modifications to compensate for the 787 advantages. The A330/A350 could be the more economical choice.

That's correct, 700UW. Unless the 330 orders are converted to 350 orders, which is possible under the agreement. FWIW, the 330-200's could be 767 replacements since the 330-200's seat about 40 less than the -300's (that's how the extra range is produced).

Jim

I don't see the 350's being certified until 2014 or beyond. Here is an aircraft that isn't even on the drawing boards yet and is being dissed! I would expect that we'll get the 330-200's to replace the 767's.
I don't know except for what I see on the line, but does it seem to anybody else that we just don't have enough mainline aircraft for our current flying? Especially since Doug says in 5 years he expects us to be 25% larger (Pilot Road Show video, CLT, February 2006, The Hub). Just to "connect the dots" between east and west hubs, Carribean, and Europe we'll need more. E-jets can't do it all. :blink: