Boeing! The beginning of the End

LoggerOne

Apr 15, 2019
Powell River, BC Canada
I have a strong hunch that Boeing has started their slide out of existence. I think it started with the C Series approach. They should of bought it instead have having that we are so big, we can do what we want attitude. Airbus said thankyou. Just look since then to now and very thing is negative news wise for them. They will not recover from the billions of dollars this Max thing has, and will cause them from here.. Now Another leader? Too late.

They'll recover just fine. Boeing is a $100B company that made $11B in profit back in 2018. Commercial airplanes is only 60% of their revenue, and the Max is only a portion of what they sell. Widebody sales and orders don't appear to have been dented at all.

Reactions: Renaldo Baccara
They'll recover just fine. Boeing is a $100B company that made $11B in profit back in 2018. Commercial airplanes is only 60% of their revenue, and the Max is only a portion of what they sell. Widebody sales and orders don't appear to have been dented at all.
If they survive they will be rebranded. Boeing name is now tainted world wide. They would have to climb back up renamed. Just my thinking. Merry Christmas

Me thinks you have no idea what you're suggesting. Boeing despite this is one of the most recognized brands in the world. Two years from now, any distrust over the Max will be relegated to Reddit and Wikipedia. The company will be fine.

Me thinks you have no idea what you're suggesting. Boeing despite this is one of the most recognized brands in the world. Two years from now, any distrust over the Max will be relegated to Reddit and Wikipedia. The company will be fine.
The law suits for billions is yet to come. All those sold max planes that the public are scared of and wont fly will cause airlines to sue Boeing. It has hurt their bottom line already and they will be coming for makeup, I bet starting 2020. Look down the road. It is not going to go away.

Boeing has insurance, and while some airlines might not want them anymore, every airplane built will fly again. For every 1 person who says they'll never set foot on a Max, there are thousands who will and won't care about what happened.

Anyone convinced otherwise is an idiot.

Boeing has insurance, and while some airlines might not want them anymore, every airplane built will fly again. For every 1 person who says they'll never set foot on a Max, there are thousands who will and won't care about what happened.

Anyone convinced otherwise is an idiot.
Thanks for the compliment. I work hard at trying to be an idiot. It does not come natural to me like it does for you. Merry Xmas

Oh..... that...... hurt...... so.... little.

I stand by my take based on my 30+ years in the airline industry and following how situations like this pan out.

Logger.
For the most part, eolesen is correct, BUT, he's NOT the Final Word on these forums.
His 'batting average' is High, and that goes hand-in-hand with his H I G H opinion of himself ! If you stick around on here long enough, you'll come to realize what I'm telling you !!!