Bonus Time Again

I know there are other reasons as some have said, but all one would have to do is come to CLT & see all the bags that miss off the island flights due to poor connecting time & lack of staff. Untill some one wakes up it will only be worse!

I know there are other reasons as some have said, but all one would have to do is come to CLT & see all the bags that miss off the island flights due to poor connecting time & lack of staff. Untill some one wakes up it will only be worse!

AGREED!! Simply adding 45 minutes to the last bank would eliminate the problems now associated with bags and connecting times due to customs. I promise you. Anyone in Tempe listening? Maybe when someone has a heart attack running to their connection and sues US Airways, they'll get it.

Another 50 or 100.00?

Ill take it,thank you very much!

me thinks is 50.00

what ever they throw my way****handsup*****
I hope I still get it. I was furloughed May 1st..but I worked in March...is it gonna be $50 or $100, so I can look for it in my final pay.

you must be an idiot to think a lot of the problem is with dashes and rjs

Are you the reason why the express baggage problem is not being address? If you think this you are living in a bubble. The company has gone as far as to say put the bags on and leave the passengers.you need to spend a day on the express gates and ramp when there is weather and then go to baggage claim and look at the passengers arriving with out there bags RJ’s+ weather = no bags on a good day these planes can’t leave full.

Baggage problems.

1) The Express problems (with most of the equipment types) reagarding customers vs bags has been beaten to death. We went round and round with Management/Inventory for over 2 years regarding the Be1900s and taking a half load of customers and no bags for days on end sometimes. Luckily they no longer fly into our station. Problem solved (for us at least).
Management/Inventory does not seem to want to address the problem. ie There is no problem. Just keep leaving bags off and then we'll wonder why the numbers are bad and we're spending bookoo bucks to truck/van bags and pay for deliveries. If even a couple of claims could be handled differently we'd save some $. Isnt that what an LCC is known for? Finding ways to cut costs and implementing them.

2) Hire and/or staff the areas where the problems keep occuring. ie Intl to domestic connections in CLT/PHL because they cant get the bags out because TSA cant handle the flights. Also increase the connecting times on these flights that continue to have problems and space out the international arrivals better giving TSA and the agents a better chance of making connections.

3) Increase conx time in general. 25 mins in PHX? 50 min domestic to INTL in PHL? 30 mins in CLT? These are unrealistic conx times on most days. People have to run like crazy to make it, and what about the bags especially on full flights with lots of bags (mail and freight not included)? Increasing conx times *even a little* would be a big help.

4) Instead of looking at the major problems within our control and doing something about them, we'll make up rules that will look like we're trying to make it better and continue to wonder why things arent working.

That's right.....sometimes extra hustle is needed when you are short-staffed.....you need to do your own job AND the job of the person who isn't there and should be.
Right you are Seatacus, Seems some employees have been sheltered and do not quite get what you are talking about..

Tadjr -

I know we have discussed this before.....as always, you are absolutely correct. Maybe with the (mostly) new Executive Team this may get looked at again. Not all of them are getting an eye full of some of the challenges that we face. Keep your fingers crossed.

That's right.....sometimes extra hustle is needed when you are short-staffed.....you need to do your own job AND the job of the person who isn't there and should be.

Most of us are so worn out working short staffed we are unable to do the other persons job regardless of our personal opinion.
They best better up salaries & HIRE people.

Back