Bush Calls for Easing Offshore Drilling Restrictions

Yea the bread basket of the globe should consider mass transit when they harvest!....

You have never been too the midwest, obviously chucklenuts! :up:
Well....I look at it this way. In Kansas (can't have bread without wheat) - Half the population resides in Sedgewick and Johnson counties. Sedgewick is Wichita and Johnson is suburban Kansas City, MO. Since there isn't much in the way of mass transit in either city, it means that folks driving their Suburbans and Expeditions to and from work are competing with the farmers in western Kansas who are trying to harvest their crops. You implement a viable mass transit system in both those counties, and demand for gas drops dramatically - meaning the farmers in western Kansas aren't having to pay $4 or more per gallon to power his tractor. Look at the population of your own state - almost half live in either OKC or Tulsa. How's the mass transit system in Tulsa? World class? or are there freeways full of SUV's taking people to and from work?

Well....I look at it this way. In Kansas (can't have bread without wheat) - Half the population resides in Sedgewick and Johnson counties. Sedgewick is Wichita and Johnson is suburban Kansas City, MO. Since there isn't much in the way of mass transit in either city, it means that folks driving their Suburbans and Expeditions to and from work are competing with the farmers in western Kansas who are trying to harvest their crops. You implement a viable mass transit system in both those counties, and demand for gas drops dramatically - meaning the farmers in western Kansas aren't having to pay $4 or more per gallon to power his tractor. Look at the population of your own state - almost half live in either OKC or Tulsa. How's the mass transit system in Tulsa? World class? or are there freeways full of SUV's taking people to and from work?

I agree, but for a more selfish reason. My great city -- Chicago -- has an extensive mass transit system (about 1.6 million people use mass transit everday in Chicago, not including commuter railways). It has many problems, including major funding problems. But I love it nonetheless. I use the system about 7-10 times a week (when I don't walk or ride a bike). The L train is powered by electricity. Moreover, the $$$ used to buy a recurring pass is taken out of my paycheck before taxes are caculated. So what is the selfish reason??? I have only filled up my gas tank 3 times this year... it is hard for me to relate to people when they are being crunched at the pump.

OK, lets kill the "Bread Basket" while we wait for Obama to come to the rescue... :up:

Your much smarter than that KC. the only "Change" we're gonna see is another wolf in sheeps clothing. But hey "Slick willy" and " the world is melting, Al show me the money Gore" did so much for clensing the environmnet and moving us towards alternative resourses with their 8 years of stonewalling.

It has to be all good right, he's looking out for the little guy while raking in his $$$$$$$$ Millions.

Reactions: 1 person
I have not researched any of the above but did they do any of the above?

This is an excerpt from the Heritage Foundation website.

The ten items in the Contract were all acted upon in the first 100 days of the new Congress, which is what the signatories had pledged. Nine of the ten items in the Contract passed the House: Only the constitutional amendment on term limits (which required a two-thirds vote) was defeated.

To hell with the wheat....tell me about ribs.....

This is an excerpt from the Heritage Foundation website.

The ten items in the Contract were all acted upon in the first 100 days of the new Congress, which is what the signatories had pledged. Nine of the ten items in the Contract passed the House: Only the constitutional amendment on term limits (which required a two-thirds vote) was defeated.

I know they passed 10 bills. I was referring to the items I posted which came from their contract. The stuff that would have really mattered. The bills were window dressing and as far as I can tell, accomplished very little.

For instance, is this a reduction from what was before?

Senate committees and sub-committiees

I love how we blame government for doing what we elected them to do. When is the last time any candidate actually present a viable plan for anything? When is the last time a candidate ever said that we have a problem that we caused and we need to fix it? When has a candidate ever told us we were greedy and selfish and we need to think of others?

We got exactly what we voted for. If you want to assign blame, look in the mirror. "... of the people, by the people, for the people,...". "We Have Met The Enemy and He Is Us"

Sorry I didnt vote for Bush, and I think that the popular vote was very close. So technically only about half of the nation got what they voted for and the other half got what they feared. LOL

Yea the bread basket of the globe should consider mass transit when they harvest!....

You have never been too the midwest, obviously chucklenuts! :up:

Actually I did grow up on a farm. Also with respect to my comments on public transportation and mass transit I was obviously talking about cities. And no one is suggesting that farmers need mass transit. Your comment was very silly.